• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scariest moment in your NSX

doing a 720 on I380 in a freak snow squall and white knuckling it for the next 20 miles at 20-30 mph getting almost overrun by semis..old So3's and winter don't mix.

It was about 7:30 AM, and I had just left my home, stopping at the light at the exit to my sub-division after having traveled about 700 ft. It was early Winter, temp about 35 degrees F.

Light turned green (I had a school bus behind me), I pulled out, turned left as I accelerated to about 30 mph just before I straightened the car out. I ran over the white paint that marked a pedestrian crosswalk that spanned all four lanes (median in the center). The back tires lost traction when they hit the paint, and the car immediately fishtailed back and forth, three times, getting about 70 degrees perpendicular to my direction of travel during the first fishtail. Needless to say, I was very busy with the brake and clutch for about 10 seconds, trying to avoid the median to my left and the curb to my right.

I regained control and continued to drive, but I'm sure the bus driver thought that I was showing off...which I was not.

Didn't do that again.

I learned the same lesson - which is that if you are tracking your car you should put some quality longer wheel studs on your car. Especially if you have changed your wheels and have less thread engaged on your lug nuts. I got tipped off by a good nsx mechanic before my wheel fell off.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fcw8lVlH5_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5053243_ELskp-XL.jpg

5168357_kSAyc-XL.jpg

While driving my former Imola NSX some jackass ran a red light and all I remembered was seeing this blur pass by right in front of me. How we missed each other I have no idea but I'm sure there's a traffic camera at this intersection where it was recorded.

The Imola and I could have been gone. Sold it afterwards.

Escaping from the cops on the freeway with no traffic around at 2am.......

I had a very similar experience, but it was on a state road and around 3pm. Near Ithaca, NY. Was nervous until I made it about 50 miles away (after it was dark) from where police started their pursuit. Perhaps I was lucky as I hid locally until dark :)

my scariest moment by far is driving the nsx in the rain for a few hours on bald tires :frown:

WLF....I hate spiders too, but I doubt you have seen the last of that one. It probably was a female and probably DID lay eggs. It is a shame you didn't kill it, but I would be a little worried to drive now. One place to check is the floor speaker. I opened mine recently and found this.

Be careful when you open it thought, there could be thousands of them.

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 215
BUD777 wow I forgot that the bose sub box has a port hole.

but the real question is how was this rodent filling his new home up with food? was your door open on the NSX for long periods of time. yikes thats so cool

Boiling the Honda brake fluid at the end of the front straight at Road Atlanta the first year I tracked the car. I distinctly recall the ungainly behind of the Porsche 911 coming at me when I the pedal went all the way to the floor with the resistance of a hot brick of butter at over 90mph.

I learned then and there if you continue to use the stock brakes at the track:
1) replace the Honda fluid with something good like Motul 600
2) drill out the goddamn splash guard to allow some air into the calipers
3) use better brake pads. I have used Porterfield R4S pads happily since.
4) buy the front brake scoop/deflector that attaches to a Porsche 993 lower A-arm and drill it right onto the laughable Honda deflector. Those suckers could scoop up a baby!

Thank goodness that its a fast corner, and ther is a somewhat decent sand bed past the turn. The porsche on the other hand. Not somgood.

Had another scary moment. I was on my way to work(work nights) and on the hwy doing about 72mph. All of a sudden I notice the reflection of little eyes on the road...Deer oh crap. I slammed on the brakes. I remember looking in the rear veiw mirror and there was a SUV behind me gaining quick. Just before I came to a complete stop(foot still modulating the brakes) I was bracing to get rear ended. All of sudden the SUV flys past me on the left.(she is hard on the brakes) Rips Bambi's head off the body goes spinning in the air and comes to a stop. I pull off the road to make sure everyone is alright. Not only did she destroy Bambi, but she took out, I am assuming, its mother. The adult deer was whining real loud. A cop showed up like 2 minutes later before we were able to get the operator for the police to pick up. He ended up shooting the baby deer. I don't know how I survived that unscathed.

This happened only just last week.

I went to get a wheel alignment with an appointment in the evening after dark.

I always have trouble remembering which driveway to turn into......I usually miss it.

So this time, I thought I had gone slightly too far, reversed a little and turned in.

It immediately looked unfamiliar and I went over a small concrete speed hump a tad fast and lightly scraped the underside. Only had the nsx for a month so I was a bit peeved with myself.

It was also now when I noticed a set of lights behind me, which is strange as everything was closed.

I proceeded to uturn.......it was quite narrow......

When I completed the turn, I could see it was a white SUV driving down the middle with not much room on either side to move.

I went to the left to show I wanted to pass......the SUV started to move to it's right to block me.

I was worried by this stage......I immediately went to my right and it blocked me again.....by now, I had nowhere to go as I was not far from them.

A guy got out from the passenger side indicating the was another in the car. He walked up motioning for me to lower the window.

I lowered it only slightly so he couldn't fit his hand in.....but I was preparing myself for a gun to be produced.

He asked me what I was doing there.... I said I was on my way to xxxxxxx Tires. He said it was nextdoor. He said there were dodgy things happening in the area (why they would think someone would choose a unique looking car like a nsx to do dodgy things I don't know). He said get out of the car so he could show me where. I wound down the window slightly more....I said it was ok.

After what seemed like an eternity, he motioned the other in the SUV to let me pass.

I would have kicked myself if I did get heisted as the original driveway I arrived at before reversing into the wrong driveway was the correct one.

Needless to say I was shaking for a while.

Parking in a garage with a Fisker Karma.

Had another scary moment. I was on my way to work(work nights) and on the hwy doing about 72mph. All of a sudden I notice the reflection of little eyes on the road...Deer oh crap. I slammed on the brakes. I remember looking in the rear veiw mirror and there was a SUV behind me gaining quick. Just before I came to a complete stop(foot still modulating the brakes) I was bracing to get rear ended. All of sudden the SUV flys past me on the left.(she is hard on the brakes) Rips Bambi's head off the body goes spinning in the air and comes to a stop. I pull off the road to make sure everyone is alright. Not only did she destroy Bambi, but she took out, I am assuming, its mother. The adult deer was whining real loud. A cop showed up like 2 minutes later before we were able to get the operator for the police to pick up. He ended up shooting the baby deer. I don't know how I survived that unscathed.

Wow, you were extremely lucky!

I've had shitty drivers (usually in big trucks/SUVs too :mad:) cut me off before, and I've had to slam on my brakes. I try to practice defensive driving though, so I try to anticipate crap maneuvers that other drivers may pull, but it does make driving a bit stressful when traffic is heavy.

There is an onramp with a nice S-curve that I take usually. Usually, it's fun to take it in a spirited manner. Nothing excessive or dangerous, and usually very easy for the NSX. One time, the back started to come out and I instinctively lifted on the throttle. I know you aren't supposed to, but this time, it stopped the back from wiggling and the car regained composure. I recall being in a state of shock and driving something like 30mph home. lol. Changed out my tires soon after.

It turns out that the tread was worn on the inside of both rear tires, to the point of being bald--whereas the outside had almost full tread.

As a WARNING to all of you, be sure to get down on check the inside tread of your tires. You can't tell from just looking from the passenger/driver sides. You have to get down from behind the car to check.

For me it was when a full size dodge pickup attempted a lane change with me in next to him. His mirror looked clear over my car an he had no clue I was there. Layed on the horn and all was well. That is the only story that comes to mind.

Does seeing a cop while exceeding the limit count? If so the yeah I have one other time ;)

I was drinking after a work party at a restaraunt so i let my co work er drive me home and i told him to give it some gas turnimg right out of the parking lot he over corrected but didńt spin the car just a fish tail. I guess cobalts dońt hamdle the same as a NSX

Back