• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scarry Apache helicopter shooting video

It's a
keeper.gif
!

LOL, thanks Neo - I could *so* use one of those on my car! We would never have to worry about being trapped behind a slow-moving POS on our drives again! :D
ar15.gif

PHOEN$X said:
LOL, thanks Neo - I could *so* use one of those on my car! We would never have to worry about being trapped behind a slow-moving POS on our drives again! :D

You'd also need to consider a rear-mounted mini-gun to take out all the cops chasing you if you did that. You could have MYNSX ride shotgun for that. :D

92NSX said:
It appears that I am in the minority here but based on what I hear and see in the video, I have no problem with it.

I have no problem w/it as well. This is the same stuff thats been going down before the war even started.

International Law, you thing those dudes in that video give a crap about Law! Why don't we just say stop, pretty please.:rolleyes: I'm sure that will work.

Re: Re: Wounded

steveny said:

This video really seems more like a video game than real life. Hard to imagine the men blown to bits have mothers, fathers, wives and children.

Yeah, hard to imagine all those civilians in the towers and all those civilians on the buses in israel and all those civilians on all the planes that have been hijacked having mothers, fathers, wives and children.

I'm friends with a guy, a palestinian doctor. He lives here in the states. I don't blame him for what i view as a totally skewed version of reality, since i'm sure he thinks the same of my version. WHen all the militants were hiding in the church of the nativity a couple years ago, he kept insisting that they were "defending the church to prevent the israelis from bulldozing it." I thought "this guy is insane" but i'm sure he thought the same of my opinion of the mess..

I'm with you.

92NSX said:
It appears that I am in the minority here but based on what I hear and see in the video, I have no problem with it.

While I do have a problem with the Iraq War, I don't have a problem with this video. First, people must realize that the helicopter crew had much better intelligence than a few random blokes posting on a discussion board. Were they the enemy, or arms dealers, or terrorists? Personally, I have no idea -- the video certainly doesn't give enough information one way or the other. However, the helicopter was there. They had the intelligence to make an informed decision to take action. War is hell, and it's somewhat refreshing to have that point driven home occasionally. I think that if the Evening News didn't sanitize war so much, there'd be a lot less of it.

In any case, our military was doing just what a military is supposed to do during wartime: killing the enemy. I don't like the war, I didn't want the war, but given that the war is here, their actions were entirely appropriate.

I totally agree with Flaminio........

How would you feel:

1. Deciding to either jump out of a 100 story skyscraper
2. Burn to death (bad way to go)
3. Be pulverized under thousands of tons of concrete
4. Look outside your plane window approaching a bldg

OR be like those lucky arms dealers and not know what happened to you before you died. This video ought to be made available to the radical muslims throughout the world.

Whats amazing was the Apache was over A MILE AWAY from those targets!!!

Re: Re: Wounded

wildbill846 said:
Please find that law for me. If you are going to make accusations of war crimes, at least quote the law being broken.

From The Geneva Convention 3-1: 1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria

This is no war crime.

If you look at the guy on the left when the first guy gets shot,
He doesn't stop working on getting what ever it was he had in his hands uncovered.

If they were minding there own biz, don't you think he would have tried to hide, give up, run, or see how his buddy was doing?

As far as the wounded guy goes, one could argue that they are a mile away, and can't take a chance that the guy could grab a RPG and fire back.

The only bad thing is the voice of the guy that says he is wounded..... take him out....... shoot him.
That way hardcore when you look at it from our point of view.
If I was over there I would have done the same thing.
Some times these tapes can get taken out of contex and stir up a lot of $%!t.
Remeber the Rodney King video?

Can't we all just get along?

One of the guys runs to the side of a truck and appears to be removing something from under-cover. An RPG perhaps ? I would challenge any of you being critical not to do the saem thing. Its easy to be so critical if we don't really understand whats happening there. Like it or not those are our guys fighting....give them a break. Better yet before you pass judgement, why don't you spend some time talking to those that have been and/or their families and thank them!

This video is far from a war crime.

Re: Re: Re: Wounded

ChopsJazz said:
From The Geneva Convention 3-1: 1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria

I caveat all this by saying I'm not a lawyer, but here's my interpretation based on many Rules of Engagement briefings I've received.

You've quoted article 3, and the main thing we need interpretation on in this case is the definition of being placed hors de combat.

Geneva Convention protects soldiers removed from combat---soldiers who become non-combatants because they are wounded, captured, etc. This is why hospitals are not to be attacked even if they are full of an entire regiment of wounded. They are no longer considered combatants. This is also why POW's cannot be executed. This individual was wounded and killed all in the same engagement. He never gained non-combatant status.

War is hell. I think viewing this kind of footage is healthy for adults to see. It definitely does not feel like a video game since you absolutely know that is real humans dying there. I believe in the professionalism of the military personal who are given the responsibilities of equipment such as the Apache. I believe video disclosure and proliferation will be a powerfull tool for future peace and limiting of genocide behaviors.

There is something really wrong with this world were you could just take a life away and not really care and in some cases feel good about doing it. You have to remember that the 2 sides fighting think that they are right and that there opponent is wrong so that's not really good. I don't like the fact that the ones who are getting hurt are our family member out friend and the once who started the war are at home in there million dollar homes acting like they care for the people who die or get hurt. Allot of you might not agree with me but its already at the point were Kids take guns to school to shot there classmate and teachers. So little by little it gets worst .

So anybody knows the real justification for sending our brave men and women in harms way in Iraq?

Please no "intelligence report" crap! We need facts!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
jagtiger said:
So anybody knows the real justification for sending our brave men and women in harms way in Iraq?

Please no "intelligence report" crap! We need facts!!:rolleyes:

A few Saddam facts---
1. 10 years of defying the cease fire agreements.
-expelling U.N. weapons inspectors
- firing upon aircraft patrolling the no-fly zones.
-ballistic missile program of modified Al-Samouds

2. Openly supporting terrorism by paying $10,000 to families of suicide bombers in Israel.

3. Whether or not he supported Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda obviously supports him.
-Majority of the insurgents are foreigners, not Iraqis

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on actual Al Qaeda training camps, weapons of mass destruction, and other current subjects of debate. He did not benefit the Iraqi people, and I do not believe he should have remained in power.

But cast that aside, because...it doesn't matter....we already removed him power. It's history, debating whether or not we should have gone in is moot. But I do believe it would be foolish to pull out now. If we do, we'll be back in a few years to clean up a mess again, as Taliban type groups will see this as an opportunity to take control of a weak central government.

Back