• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

School me on Comptech vs. CT (and high boost superchargers)

All,
Per my other thread, I'm back in the NSX hunt. Question in regards to Comptech vs. CT? What's the difference? I remember back in my younger days, there was Comptech that did the racing and motor work up in the Sac area. Are these two different companies now?

Also, what's the value of a comptech "high boost" supercharger? Is this the same as a regular SC but with a different sized pulley? (Reason I'm asking is that I might look at an NSX with a comptech high boost charger, and I'm not sure if i really want that. :tongue: I would prefer no boost or low boost for reliability. Plus my understanding is the high boost isnt CARB legal in CA.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about superchargers but I can tell you this site has a wonderful search function. Spend an hour or two reading and return with any unanswered questions.:wink:

All,
Per my other thread, I'm back in the NSX hunt. Question in regards to Comptech vs. CT? What's the difference? I remember back in my younger days, there was Comptech that did the racing and motor work up in the Sac area. Are these two different companies now?

Also, what's the value of a comptech "high boost" supercharger? Is this the same as a regular SC but with a different sized pulley? (Reason I'm asking is that I might look at an NSX with a comptech high boost charger, and I'm not sure if i really want that. :tongue: I would prefer no boost or low boost for reliability. Plus my understanding is the high boost isnt CARB legal in CA.

Thanks!

I think Comptech went out of business or something. They are now CT.

High boost requires smaller pulley, larger injectors. Probably better to get AEM for it.

The 6lbs version works great.

comptech was sold to some of its own employees who then opened the reformulated CT engineering..same basic company,but I'm not sure what happened to the motor shop.previous to this Shad was also a very integral ,essential part of the R&D until he left to start his own shop.

comptech was sold to some of its own employees who then opened the reformulated CT engineering..same basic company,but I'm not sure what happened to the motor shop.previous to this Shad was also a very integral ,essential part of the R&D until he left to start his own shop.

Check out http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Driving_Ambition for Shad's new venture and www.ScienceofSpeed.com for Chris Willson's shop. Both will do wonders for your engine and your wallet:biggrin:

Last edited:
I think Comptech went out of business or something. They are now CT.

High boost requires smaller pulley, larger injectors. Probably better to get AEM for it.

The 6lbs version works great.

What's the diff between a "regular" SC and a high boost charger? Just a different pulley, larger injectors, and some ECU "stuff"? Or is the physical charger itself different?

Also, what's the value of a used CTSC? In particular, a high boost setup?

Yes, I've talked to Shad @ DrivingAmbition. Great guy who spent a lot of time with me on the phone answering questions about a particular car.

Last edited:
I am also looking forced induction. CTSC only produces 60-70HP:confused:??? I am not sure if I want to spend that much $$ plus labor to gain that much HP.

I rather put that money as the down payment for the new NSX:smile:
I recommend you try it first. Even 60-70hp is a lot on a ~3000lb car. Just saying...

What's the diff between a "regular" SC and a high boost charger? Just a different pulley, larger injectors, and some ECU "stuff"? Or is the physical charger itself different?

Also, what's the value of a used CTSC? In particular, a high boost setup?

Yes, I've talked to Shad @ DrivingAmbition. Great guy who spent a lot of time with me on the phone answering questions about a particular car.
Have you tried a search?

Back