• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed car cover

I am thinking about buying a science of speed car cover. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? Better options? Please let me know what you think.

What color is your car , black ? My oem leaves fibers all the time I hate it in getting the SOS version soon

My car is black and I have the black SOS satin cover. It's bad to the bone. Not a single complaint.

I am thinking about buying a science of speed car cover. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? Better options? Please let me know what you think.

Love it, zero complaints. It fits like a glove, the car still looks stunning even with it on!

black car also, never anything left behind.

Have you guys had to wash your SOS Satin Cover yet? Mine needs a washing. Any special procedure?

I love mine. never had a problem with it until some Ahole took it off the car and throw it in a small pool of oil on the ground. It was a pain to get clean.

Agreed I love it...but I would get black....I got Silver to match my silverstone and I feel like it gets dirty easily.

Sexy silky lingeri material, I love mine. You will not be disappointed.

i got red despite having a black car, primarily so that i could see if there's any dirt on it that might otherwise scratch the surface of my paint when putting it on. it's been great so far:)

I have an oem one and I had it dry cleaned and it came out fantastic. If I were to buy an SOS cover(they look great to me) I think I would get it dry cleaned also. My oem one cost me $20.00. Just saying!

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

oem > sos
whats better than oem. Nothing!

Last edited:
NSX covers..... I have three.

Newer OEM: Great fit, is OEM, but indeed leaves lint and fibers behind. Perhaps it would not leave fiber remnants after a dry cleaning?

Older OEM: My cover for travelling/overnight outdoor parking or pkg garage - has been washed more than once. No fibers/lint issues. Same great fit.

California Car Cover: Same great fit as OEM. No fibers/lint remnant issues. Can get it custom monogrammed for your NSX. Priced about same as OEM.

No experience with SOS cover.

FWIW. :smile:

I own a red SOS coverage for my NSX for two years, nothing to say, this is the high quality provided that the body is clean (as all covers), any silica dust lying around on the body and you get a scratch ... SOS coverage does not leave lint or marks on the body, the only "default" ... it attracts flies and I often find "flies shit" on my own : Mad:, can be because of the color red?? I do not know : Smile:

Last edited:
Back