• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of speed gt 500 hood

Hello,

anyone knows or is selling thier science of speed 98 gt 500 hood? frp or cfrp?

I called them and they said they arent making them anymore.

I wanted to compare some hoods that are out there. So if you have one from another company let me know how they fit or work on fast speeds.

erebuni
fiberimages
taitec
burnup

Thanks for any replies.

Mike

I think as you should with any aftermarket hood, that it would be wise to have bonnet clips/pins installed if you could.

Dr Sueuss out. :D

Ps i have the backyard special type-r bonnet (+o2 version) the quality is the best i've seen beneath and on top.

Don't forget about the new Cantrell Studios hood:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ducts/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/NSX-R_style_hood/

hood_450.jpg

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:

Im sort of set on the gt hood...I dont know why...I guess I like that look. If there is any chance at all that this can be remanufactrured then let me know.

Thanks Chris.

Mike

pok8rok8 said:
Chris@SoS said:

Im sort of set on the gt hood...I dont know why...I guess I like that look. If there is any chance at all that this can be remanufactrured then let me know.

Thanks Chris.

Mike

Hmm.

Otto used to have a hood for sale a while back:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27147&highlight=hood

Maybe you can contact him, I believe that he had to to get his car completely repainted due to the accident so perhaps he still has the hood.

Ken

Just an FYI I had that hood on my last NSX and the fit was really bad. I had to spend 3x the normal cost to paint and install because the body shop had to keep modifying the hood to make it fit correctly. Also you have to remove your spare when you use this hood. I love the look of the hood but the workmanship is crap. Also as a note I did not buy the hood from SOS so my statements are not a reflection on them or the stuff they sell.

Just an FYI I had that hood on my last NSX and the fit was really bad. I had to spend 3x the normal cost to paint and install because the body shop had to keep modifying the hood to make it fit correctly. Also you have to remove your spare when you use this hood. I love the look of the hood but the workmanship is crap. Also as a note I did not buy the hood from SOS so my statements are not a reflection on them or the stuff they sell.

NSXG35 said:
Just an FYI I had that hood on my last NSX and the fit was really bad. I had to spend 3x the normal cost to paint and install because the body shop had to keep modifying the hood to make it fit correctly.

So whos the manufacturer of this hood?

Mike

Louvered Hood

I had plans for purchasing the same hood. After seeing this thread I searched for another source. I found the following web site.

http://www.advance-jp.com/nsx-parts.htm

They have the hood but everything is in Japanese including the price.

Is there an American outlet for "Advance " parts?

Or can someone read Japansese and give the information for purchasing the hood directly from Japan?

Looking for any help along with pok8rok8.

Thanks
Gale

Back