• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science Of Speed

Hi!
I ordered some stuff from them in februari, do they use to take a lot of time before they ship the parts they sell? what is your opinion?
I have sent some email, but get no answer.

Maybe i do not have to worry, but i dont like to have payd for things and not to get some answer about order status..

Should i just wait and see or what should i do? :confused:

Maybe they are a very small company and dont have the time to answer their customers mail.

/christofer andersson

Call them. They are not really good about notifying you if they don't have it in stock when you order via their website. I waited 2 weeks for my item and when called was told that it was out of stock and wouldn't be in until the end of the month. Would have been nice if they had told me that without me having to call. I have found that the best way to order from them is to call directly.

My stuff usually arrives within a week. I also don't live in Sweden. They are a small but very competent and customer focused company. Try calling them and leaving them a message. Perhaps your emails aren't getting through to them. Perhaps they are going into a spam box because it's coming from outside the US.

I have ordered items from SOS to be shipped to Hong Kong and an address in the US. They did ship promptly and I was kept inform all the time. Send them an e mail to check the status. They are great to work with. I will buy again soon.:smile:

as i live in Portugal and they take a lot of time also, i believe that's because we are International customers...

months ago i asked for a throttle body that Chris was selling in the "NSX Parts" forum and never received a response.... and every other inquirys i did,always takes them over 2 weeks to answer...and this is since way before i made myself a Prime member...so i think is their usual practice

Everyone always say the best of them, and i believe they are good, but in my case, they showed a lot of resistance to do a simple shipping request that i ask to all non european vendor.

So...i have interest for a lot of their stuff, but have to find another way to get their parts...

either way....props to them for supporting our community ....

hi Christofer --

No, we are not ignoring you. We're trying to get some costs nailed down on shipping your parts international. Bryan will e-mail you today to give you an update. Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I like SoS a lot and I think they're great guys and I've ordered from them several times. But, if I had to say one not-great thing about them, it is that they are slow shippers.

For instance, last year I ordered a set of headers from a seller on eBay and an exhaust from SoS, both on the same day. I had the headers at my door before SoS shipped the exhaust (which was in stock according to them).

I wouldn't let this stop me from buying from them again, but I will plan on shipping taking a few days longer.

Well I am not totally satisfied with SOS services myself, also a note my car has over $15k in receipts from this shop.My valves are awefully noisy on a fresh motor (even cody noticed this on initial fireup after the lovefab turbo was put on) and I inquired about this with no response again.
There are more issues I can mention especially about the clutch but I will remain silent on this one as there was some concern from Chris only haveing 2500 miles on it and was somewhat resolved after causeing me a big headache. More than a few times I have not had been responded back to, and my orders took over 2 weeks and 3 weeks to get to me, I ordered SOS a month ago at least and at that time I asked what can I do about my shiftboot being exposed, anything I can order or do to fix the problem? I even wanted a teardrop shifter to try, and thay do not sell them anymore, well take it off the website than, along with polished door handles not avail.
I was told from Brian to send some photos in of my shift boot exposed problem which I did 15 mins later.Still have not heard back from SOS.Thay are reliable for getting you the parts and trustworthy but not in a timely and fashionable manor in my opinion, Maybe its different if u are dropping lots of money and dealing with Chris.
Dali Raceing was ordered the same day and parts were here in 6 days with emails answered in under 24 hrs, SOS 16 days to Canada no email response after on m questions.
Sorry for the negativeness I did not want to post, but this thread was concerning feedback and this is my honest opinion and maybe others should know.
Autowave was very awesome to deal with, Call Shane he will take care of u.

Maximumyield

I have done business with SOS on a couple of occasions. They are very knowledgeable and credible. On both orders, the actual ship date was a little later than the ship date I was told when I placed the order. Perhaps adopting the philosophy to "under-promise and over-deliver" would improve customer satisfaction. Would I do business with them again? Absolutely.

hi guys --

Thank you for your honest feedback. We've been taking great leaps to improve both our e-mail response time as well as shipping times. We greatly value customer service today as we always have over the past 8 years of serving our customers. Over the past year, we have brought someone on full time for e-mail support, have increased stock level for better turnaround time, and have refined our order taking, processing, and shipping.

If you ever have dissatisfaction with any element of our service, I'd love to hear from you. You can always drop us an e-mail.

best regards,
-- Chris

Well I am not totally satisfied with SOS services myself, also a note my car has over $15k in receipts from this shop.My valves are awefully noisy on a fresh motor (even cody noticed this on initial fireup after the lovefab turbo was put on) and I inquired about this with no response again.
There are more issues I can mention especially about the clutch but I will remain silent on this one as there was some concern from Chris only haveing 2500 miles on it and was somewhat resolved after causeing me a big headache. More than a few times I have not had been responded back to, and my orders took over 2 weeks and 3 weeks to get to me, I ordered SOS a month ago at least and at that time I asked what can I do about my shiftboot being exposed, anything I can order or do to fix the problem? I even wanted a teardrop shifter to try, and thay do not sell them anymore, well take it off the website than, along with polished door handles not avail.
I was told from Brian to send some photos in of my shift boot exposed problem which I did 15 mins later.Still have not heard back from SOS.Thay are reliable for getting you the parts and trustworthy but not in a timely and fashionable manor in my opinion, Maybe its different if u are dropping lots of money and dealing with Chris.
Dali Raceing was ordered the same day and parts were here in 6 days with emails answered in under 24 hrs, SOS 16 days to Canada no email response after on m questions.
Sorry for the negativeness I did not want to post, but this thread was concerning feedback and this is my honest opinion and maybe others should know.
Autowave was very awesome to deal with, Call Shane he will take care of u.

Maximumyield

Just to be clear, I believe you are refering to the engine that you bought from Stacy of which we built more than two years ago. If you have valvetrain noise, the valve - rocker clearance should be adjusted as the head that was sent to us by Stacy was unmodified & stock.

If you have sent me an e-mail with questions, I have not received it, and we are up to date on e-mail within the past day. If you could please resend your questions or call me, I'd be happy to work with you on any problems you may have.

thanks,
-- Chris

I have ordered from Science of Speed in the pass and I never had a problem with them. I make orders from Iraq and I get it to my house in a timely matter. Like some of the post I've read in the previous post. It might just be maybe they might not have it in stock. Unless others just done have that kind of luck. But who knows.

I have recieved an email with answers to my questions from Bryan. I think its ok from now, and in the future i´m going to buy more interesting parts from them. Maybe i lay my order a bit earlier next time, not so near the spring.. :wink:

sorry for my bad english

/christofer

I'd agree on the service. I ordered parts 6 days ago and still no notification.....on the status of anything. My first transaction with them and I must admit I'm not impressed :frown:

Ordered various parts in the past 12 months by phone from low to high ticket items and always received prompt deliveries as promised by Brian at SOS.

I am starting to form very negative feelings on what I had regarded as an important vendor serving the NSX community. Here is my story.

4/8 - Place order for 8 items via website.
4/10 - Bryan informs me "Most items are in stock, except for the chassis bars (ETA 1-2 weeks), stabilizer bar (2 weeks), and stealth plate (4 weeks)."
4/10 - Inform SOS that I am hoping to have parts by 4/29 so that I can have them installed prior to going to Wakins Glen. Bryan says "I'll put a note on your order that you must receive all but the stealth plate by 4/28."
4/24 - Since I have not heard anything, I call them and am informed that they only have my brake lines, stealth plate, and cap. Parts that were originally reported to be in stock are very apparently not. I tell them to not ship my order and hold it for the other parts. They ship it anyway.
5/12 - Since I have not heard anything, I send an email asking what the status of the order is "The chassis bars are here now, but we're still waiting on the front sway bar from Japan (should be here soon) and the oil pan baffle, which shows an ETA of around 5/30." This is the oil pan baffle that was "in stock" per the original email, by the way.
6/2 - Since I have not heard anything (notice a trend here), I email them again to ask about the status of the order.

The issues are (1) Being told something is in stock when it is not, (2) complete mis-estimation of when parts will be available (which may be understandable in the context of parts being shipped from Japan, but most of my order is not), and (3) complete lack of follow-up/contact with the customer to proactively let them know when the status or ETA of their order changes. In short, terrible customer service and I doubt I will order from them again.

Thanks for your honest feedback.

I agree, we are having a very difficult time with Honda produced items imported from Japan. Many of the NSX-R parts (like the sway bars, etc.) are either in the process of being discontinued or already discontinued, and we're not being informed of this. Where we could order a batch of parts in the past and expect them to be shipping within a week or two, we're now waiting months. This is a transition that we need to inevitibley expect with the discontinuation of the NSX and the dropping of "non-essential" components.

That being said, due to this changing dynamic, we're in the process of making changes. These include a new web cart system that will allow us send proactive updates to stock and to charge when items are ready to ship. In addition, we're looking at alternatives to be able to offer these parts after their discontinuation.

I'm sorry that you've been caught in the middle of it. I don't have a way of looking up your name based on your NSXPrime username, however, if you can send me a message, I'll review your order and see what we can do.

thank you,
-- Chris

I am starting to form very negative feelings on what I had regarded as an important vendor serving the NSX community. Here is my story.

4/8 - Place order for 8 items via website.
4/10 - Bryan informs me "Most items are in stock, except for the chassis bars (ETA 1-2 weeks), stabilizer bar (2 weeks), and stealth plate (4 weeks)."
4/10 - Inform SOS that I am hoping to have parts by 4/29 so that I can have them installed prior to going to Wakins Glen. Bryan says "I'll put a note on your order that you must receive all but the stealth plate by 4/28."
4/24 - Since I have not heard anything, I call them and am informed that they only have my brake lines, stealth plate, and cap. Parts that were originally reported to be in stock are very apparently not. I tell them to not ship my order and hold it for the other parts. They ship it anyway.
5/12 - Since I have not heard anything, I send an email asking what the status of the order is "The chassis bars are here now, but we're still waiting on the front sway bar from Japan (should be here soon) and the oil pan baffle, which shows an ETA of around 5/30." This is the oil pan baffle that was "in stock" per the original email, by the way.
6/2 - Since I have not heard anything (notice a trend here), I email them again to ask about the status of the order.

The issues are (1) Being told something is in stock when it is not, (2) complete mis-estimation of when parts will be available (which may be understandable in the context of parts being shipped from Japan, but most of my order is not), and (3) complete lack of follow-up/contact with the customer to proactively let them know when the status or ETA of their order changes. In short, terrible customer service and I doubt I will order from them again.

I have ordered twice from SOS, and recived in less then 10 days in Perth AUSTRALIA. VERY HAPPY:biggrin:

This is why I do not order after market parts over most web sites.

Many vendors, not just NSX vendors, advertise parts for sale they are either waiting for themselve's or have drop shipped from who they buy the parts from. Many times the vendor is a victim of distributor delays themselve's.

Many times when a vendor uses drop shipping, they are also unaware that the company they depend on for the parts is also out of stock.

It's always best to call the vendor when ordering parts to make sure that they in fact in stock before ordering them.

Saves a lot of problems down the road not getting what you expected, when you expected it.

However, a vendor that tells you the part is in stock, and it's not but takes your money anyway, it's time to find another vendor. It is the responsibility of the vendor to actually have what they are advertising for sale unless otherwise noted.

FWIW, I just returned a set of engine hatch struts that I purchased from SOS over a year ago, complained about almost immediately, but only recently got around to returning. SOS accepted them and replaced them without hesitation. Kudos.

Again, FWIW.

I have received my things from them in a timely manner.

With bigger orders there's a delays 'by nature' as the customer can't expect them to have all parts in stock. My biggest order took several months and I have to admit that during that time I had a hard time as I was not in driving-distance. Second, I didn't want to send them daily or weekly an email, just kept patient. Too much asking is annoying. :wink:
SOS didn't ever let anyone down since existence, they're very reliable but from the customer point of view it would have been helpful in the past to get more infos on the transaction, esp. if there is backorder. But things already changed on this one:

I got a mail from them today with what Chris told here:

Thanks for your honest feedback.

I agree, we are having a very difficult time with Honda produced items imported from Japan. Many of the NSX-R parts (like the sway bars, etc.) are either in the process of being discontinued or already discontinued, and we're not being informed of this. Where we could order a batch of parts in the past and expect them to be shipping within a week or two, we're now waiting months. This is a transition that we need to inevitibley expect with the discontinuation of the NSX and the dropping of "non-essential" components.

They honestly explained the situation and offered to send the money back if you cancel the order. That's good customer service.

I agree on discontinued parts on the website: Please mark them 'discontinued' or cancel them.

Back