• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed 2002 Update Program Launch

Chris@SoS said:
I'm sorry, the bumper will only be available for the 2002 conversion. Please see a photo below:

GT_bumper.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Chris, this bumper how long will it take to order it. aslo what is the cost?
Thanks, Aaron

Hey Chris will the new GT Series bumper be compatible with the JGTC fenders or can you only use the GT series fenders?

satan_srv said:
Will the "Cantrell Studios UHMW Polyethelyne Bumper Guard Insert Kit " Be compatible with this GT series bumper?

guard_180.jpg
Chris,

What is exactly the purpose of this piece? Does it reinforce/strengthen the corners of a front bumper? Or is it for aerodynamic reasons? Can it be used on my S-TAI bumper?

Thanks,
-Randy

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ntrell_Concepts/wide_body_conversion/options/

Cantrell Studios UHMW Polyethylene Bumper Guard kit:

CNC-cut ultra high molecular weight polyethylene panels are fixed to bottom of bumper and hidden out of sight. Material is wear and impact resistant. Low friction properties allows bumper to slide over coarse surfaces, reducing the chance of damage to the front bumper. 3-piece kit covers corners and center. Includes stainless mounting hardware. Used by Lamborghini on the low slung Murcielago. Replaceable design. Highly recommended.

Joel Says: You could buy polethylene panels yourself if you wanted to DIY

re: "Low friction properties allows bumper to slide over coarse surfaces, reducing the chance of damage to the front bumper."

Nice!!! Thanks for the link to the info!! :)

As for your recommendation, what type of store sells that stuff? Is it a Home Depot kind of thing?

-Randy

The ones shown are our prototype pieces. The production CNC milled pieces should fit a variety of bumpers. The material is available from industrial supply houses, however, the high density material we use is very difficult to cut with standard tools.

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
The ones shown are our prototype pieces. The production CNC milled pieces should fit a variety of bumpers. The material is available from industrial supply houses, however, the high density material we use is very difficult to cut with standard tools.
Thanks Chris. :) The more I thought about it, the less inclined I was to actually cut it myself. Knowing that you'd be using some extra thick (and protective) stuff is reassuring.

Any time estimation for when it will come out?

I'm sorry, I do not have an ETA yet. As we finish a few projects next week, I should have a clear availability date for you then.

The GT bumper is compatible with the GT fenders or stock fenders only. The JGTC fenders are about 30mm wider at the junction of the bumper.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Hi Chris,

When will this hood be available?

James

Chris@SoS said:
The new Cantrell Studios NSX-R hood is offered for both 91-01 and 2002-later headlight styles. The hood is unique in construction. The hood uses a top shell of carbon fiber that is identical to the Honda NSX-R hood. The bottom of the hood uses Nomex honeycomb sandwiched by carbon fiber that is then vacuum bagged. This design achieves the lightest possible construction. Carbon fiber and Nomex honeycomb is used through out the hood. The hood is available pre-primered (for owners that will be painting the hood) as well as exposed carbon fiber. Prices have not yet been released, however, we're shooting for $1295.00 and $1595.00 for the exposed carbon fiber hood. This makes a very high quality high technology hood available for a very competitive price.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
-- Chris

Back