• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceOfSpeed on your iPhone and iPod

Nice little app when your done will you be able to purchase from the app?

New version available.
I am working on a iPad compatible version, available in 2 weeks.

It's not possible to purchase from inApp, Apple take 30%.

It is definitely possible, but I wouldn't use Apple's in app purchase feature for something like this though. The Apple in app purchases are really for making programmers money, not businesses like science of speed.

It might be a lot more work than it is worth for both you and SOS though. Depending on how the SOS website is setup they might need to rework it in order to handle the IOS app part database/pricing structure. Unless they wanted to deal with the upkeep on 2 databases. Ideally they would update/add parts to the site and the app received the same update live or at least an export of some sort from the website.

Are you adding the parts manually? Or are they downloaded live from a database somewhere for SOS to update?

Almost done my first iphone app, I've redone is 3-4 times while I'm learning. I just started programming a few months ago, so its nothing special.

Hi,

For moment I add the parts manually in my database, but if ScienceOfSpeed give me a readonly account on the database, I can make a web service to sent the data in SOAP to the application I made.

I sent a Universal version to Apple(iPhone and iPad), with some new modifications.

Last edited:
Back