• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Stealth License Plate System

hi guys --

Thank you for your orders! All orders have been shipped. We have these available for sale now at the link below:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...cts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Stealth_License_Plate/

best regards,
-- Chris

animation3.gif

Last edited:
I have this installed on my car and give it a big thumbs up. I always hated the idea of having a front plate and left it off for the first 7 years I owned my NSX and after getting a rash of tickets for no front plate chose this and it has paid for itself many times over since then. I just came back from some track days at Watkins Glen where I found both a Ferrari and a Porsche owner admiring the setup and saying they wished they could get a similar product.

Thanks Chris!

Chris,

Can you do the same price for shipping to Canada?

Does this use the OEM mounting holes ??

The SOS Stealth License Plate System does NOT fit '02+ front grill without modification, it will NOT tilt back, and in stealth mode, the Ambient Air Sensor can scratch the license plate.

See my review at this thread.

I like the system, so I modified mine and don't use the tilt or stealth mode. Here is a photo of the modification:

sos_license_interference_gone_t.jpg

hey chris,

ive been meaning to ask you this, do you have a spare bolt set for this kit? one of my four vibrated loose and i dont want my plate to start flappin

hi Dave --

I assume you're asking about the billet thumb screw? We include an extra fastener in the hardware kit to use. If you need another one, or another set, just let us know. They cost us $3.10 each, and would be happy to sell at cost if you have already purchased a kit. You will need to measure one of your existing ones as we changed size about 8 months ago.

Cheers,
-- Chris

hi Dave --

I assume you're asking about the billet thumb screw? We include an extra fastener in the hardware kit to use. If you need another one, or another set, just let us know. They cost us $3.10 each, and would be happy to sell at cost if you have already purchased a kit. You will need to measure one of your existing ones as we changed size about 8 months ago.

Cheers,
-- Chris

hey thanks Chris! sorry if it took me a bit to respond, visiting this website seems to have a negative effect on my bank account ;)

Yes, it will work. You will need to extra 6mm flange nuts (which we'd be happy to provide). The rear mounting brackets also may need to be adjusted or redrilled if the spacing is slightly off.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, have there been any modifications to allow the product to work 100% for 02+ NSXs (The issue NSX1 raised)? Thanks.

+1:biggrin:

We'll likely be looking into this on our next production run. The 2002+ factory bumper will continue to limit the placement to either straight up and down or folded back however. I don't see a way of allowing it to be placed back 30 degrees like the later bumper.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Hey Chris,
Are you bringing any of these to NSXPO?
I'd like to have a look at one and probably buy it.

Cheers,
Sean

Installed mine last week (after being in the box for 4 months), and now I want one for each of my cars! Now if they can only come up with reversible window tint (like some advance sunglasses).

Last edited:
Back