• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Wins Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout with NSX!

modifiedawards.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Wins Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout with NSX!

Proving the NSX is still a benchmark of performance, ScienceofSpeed has captured an overall win and RWD class win in Modified Magazine's 2012 Tuner Shootout presented by Continental Tire. ScienceofSpeed's 1992 Acura NSX, twin turbocharged producing 650 wheel horsepower. The car scored well in time attack, dyno, drag, and emissions (posting one of the best HC outputs of all the cars).

img_83351.jpg

Modified Magazine’s Tuner Shootout has become one of the most highly anticipated and hard-fought import tuner competitions in the industry. Tuners compete against each other in a variety of all out power, road race, drag race, and autocross racing events. A write up about the event can be found here.

img_72392.jpg

The issue can be found on news stands now.

This was indeed a team effort, and everyone at ScienceofSpeed pitched in to make it a successful event. Overall, we were very pleased with the results and we feel we represented the NSX community well. Despite being the “oldest” car in the competition, the NSX’s abilities have been demonstrated to be quite competitive with modern sports cars, especially with a few extra ponies to bring its power to weight on par with modern high performance standards. With the right tuning, it is a car that we suspect will remain competitive even once its successor arrives.

regards,
-- Chris Willson
General Manager
ScienceofSpeed, LLC

Nice job & thanks for keeping the NSX alive & well, it is a timeless car & will always be!!!

Way to represent and show what the 21yr old can do.

I think your helmet is too tight:tongue: Congratulations to your whole team.

Proud to have witnessed Chris' skills that day at Firebird in my first NASA event!! If I recall, Chris did very well in the drags too! That Silver was smooth and fast, smooth and fast... -QD

Back