• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SD alignment shop recommendations

Michael,
i take mine to Nick at Applied Motorsports in Vista. 760-401-0253.
He only does NSX and its worth the long drive. He is meticulous of what he does and I trust him with my car. He is also very reasonable$$ unlike other shops in town.
[email protected]

Tim

Last edited:
:eek: you can't even get a decent align for $50 on regular cars. Maybe its for 2 wheels only. Or he is doing it for fun. Many Acura dealers don't even know how to align a NSX. I won;t take a chance on someone's mistake to save a few bucks.

:eek: you can't even get a decent align for $50 on regular cars. Maybe its for 2 wheels only. Or he is doing it for fun. Many Acura dealers don't even know how to align a NSX. I won;t take a chance on someone's mistake to save a few bucks.

Well I guess BJ hooked me up so don't say anything ;). Jeffro was the NSX mechanic at Acura, not sure which one and Mark Johnson(DaliRacing) also recommended him. That's good enough for me. Jeffro did my clutch, all 4 cv boots and 4 wheel alignment at a lower cost than what greenlight quoted me.

So I took my car to Nick's today. He rules. Thanks for the recommendation, Tim.

-Michael

Nick is da man. He's detail and has mad skills. I can't wait til my clutch goes south so he can put in a lighter one and the OS Giken:biggrin: His price is very resonable and worth the drive. He is a rare find these days.

Liftnot be careful what you ask for. I just bought a 2003 NSX and picked it up at Science of Speed where the previous owner had sent it for timing belt/water pump and clutch. I now have their "20lb lighter" SOS clutch and it chatters/shudders on takeoff. Chris said it's "normal" because it's lighter. He recommended that I learn how to "blip the throttle" when engaging the clutch. I HATE this clutch and wish I had OEM.

Liftnot be careful what you ask for. I just bought a 2003 NSX and picked it up at Science of Speed where the previous owner had sent it for timing belt/water pump and clutch. I now have their "20lb lighter" SOS clutch and it chatters/shudders on takeoff. Chris said it's "normal" because it's lighter. He recommended that I learn how to "blip the throttle" when engaging the clutch. I HATE this clutch and wish I had OEM.

Thx for the warning. I have read on Prime from end users about the following SOS Sport clutch being an ideal OEM replacement w/ no issues even its lighter.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...nce_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Sport_Clutch/

I don't want the chatter/shudder on take off either. I can deal with the blipping but if yours is the carbon clutch, then I think it will chatter since its not sprung.

I don't like the oem only because its so lazy and won;t rev. Perhaps you can come out to our next local meet/drive to show.

Back