• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seats re-visited

Bride GIAS Ultra-low Max seats with rails give you 2+ inches of headroom (By my personal guess, it is closer to 3) compared to the stock 02+ targa seats/roof.

However, the seat-back width is narrow, so if you are incredibly buff like me--haha--you will feel the squeeze.

product_bride_g02gmr.jpg

ingress/egress is tougher than stock seats. Stock seats are more comfortable and luxurious imo. But the headroom increase is undeniable.

BTW: I am also 6'2''. I have PLENTY of headroom when sitting in the Bride seats, but just barely clear the stock seats (depending on how I style my hair).

Can we see some pics of these seats installed? They look badass! Thanks

to OP, you are almost exactly in the same boat as me (I'm also 6'2, 175 lbs) and rather tall especially for an asian dude :biggrin:

The NSX OEM seats have no height adjustment and no matter how I recline the seat or even trying to sit like a gangsta slouched, my hair still grazes the rear plastic roof section :(

For my s2000, it took me forever with trial runs but eventually settled on the Bride Stradia Low Max (it's the GIAS but with much lower side bolsters) but still requires some lowering to get in. I used that seat on the Driver's side with their "LR" rail and it gave me almost 2" extra headroom. However the problem is the "LR" rail is only for an s2000 and not made for an NSX.

I don't want my passengers in the s2000 to have to lower themselves into a seat so I got a Bride EURO II with a "MO" type bracket and everyone loves it. The seat is about 1.5" higher on the pass. side but most of my passengers are much shorter...hehehe aka female :)

I just got off the phone with Bride and they said if I wanted to use the EURO II seat in the NSX, only the "MO" rail fits. I don't mind buying one to test fit the setup since I already have the EURO II from my s2000 as a test mule but they are backordered till July!

There is a guy with a RO rail he will sell me so I'm going to pull the Stradia Low max from my s2000 and test it with this rail to see if it also gives me 2" of headroom like it did for the NSX.

here's some pics of my s2000 with the Bride seats for comparo:

DSCN4494.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

Turbo, You didn't drive your car with the sub belt under your ass like this at your last track day? Did you :confused:

I would think a header W/ this belt and you won't have to worry about having children or stratifying a woman :tongue: ever :biggrin:

Turbo, You didn't drive your car with the sub belt under your ass like this at your last track day? Did you :confused:

I would think a header W/ this belt and you won't have to worry about having children or stratifying a woman :tongue: ever :biggrin:

attachment.php

It would be even worse if he plugged it in. :eek:

believe it or not comptech recomended that type of mount for the subbelt in the stock seat configuration.

at almost 6'1, 36" waist and 50" jacket size the NSX-R seats always had my shoulders put forward. they were ok fo medium drives, but in my case nothing beats the OEM seta for comfort.

Memorial day update:

I had a chance to test a Bride NSX specific "RO" rail with the Bride Stradia low max seat (donated from my s2000).

I did some measurements and test fitment along with pics. This setup gained me a honest 1.5" of headroom as my head easily clears the back roof plastic now. Stay tuned for pics in another thread.

rick

Memorial day update:

I had a chance to test a Bride NSX specific "RO" rail with the Bride Stradia low max seat (donated from my s2000).

I did some measurements and test fitment along with pics. This setup gained me a honest 1.5" of headroom as my head easily clears the back roof plastic now. Stay tuned for pics in another thread.

rick

Is that the low-cushion version or the regular? I tested a low cushion Bride GIAS and I felt that the gain was much more than even 2 inches.

I think the Stradia is the same as the GIAS except the side bolsters by the legs are a little lower for easier ingress/egress.

Rick just post them on this thread!

Is that with or without the super Levy subbelt bar on the stock seat? I bet without.

:confused: I don't understand Canadian:wink: Speaky English please, Lesbos.

LESBOS!

I do not understand why that would be recommended by Comptech IF there was a bar on the underside of the stock seat, such as the one that TiDave sells. My bet is that Comptech said that securing a subbelt to a rear mounting location (behind the seat) and having the belt wrap directly underneath the ass of the person, was better than wrapping it underneath the stock seat where a person could slip between the subbelt and the seat.

LESBOS!

LESBOS!

I do not understand why that would be recommended by Comptech IF there was a bar on the underside of the stock seat, such as the one that TiDave sells. My bet is that Comptech said that securing a subbelt to a rear mounting location (behind the seat) and having the belt wrap directly underneath the ass of the person, was better than wrapping it underneath the stock seat where a person could slip between the subbelt and the seat.

LESBOS!

I received my recommendation regarding the sub from Simpson as well.

Ahh now I understand your Levy reference.:redface:

Rick just post them on this thread!

Uploading pics now, just don't want to hi-jack your thread so I'll start another thread but will post a pic here if u want.

rk

Rick its all related and useful. I don't mind a hijack.

Hey s4play, what are you going to do with the OEM drivers seat? :)

Nice brides man those would be the ones if I were to go aftermarket.. well done

Yes, the stock seats weight ~37/38 lbs. I weighed them myself. The SOS rails weight 14.2 lbs + my Recaro PP's are ~15 lbs. For a total of 29-30 lbs. That's 14-16 lbs on both. Not that bad imho.
The REAL weight savings is with fixed rails. < 5 lbs each. Now you're talking about losing 10 lbs on both sides.. Problem is I can't find anyone to sell me fixed. TitaniumDave is working on a set. Good compromise is drive sliding, passenger fixed and seat all the way back. This is what I plan and I should get ~25sh lbs off total.

hey slownsxt, I finally put my Bride Stradia "Sport" seats on a UPS approved scale last night when they showed up at my office. These seats "felt" light but the scale did not lie ~ the seats are actually quite heavy at 26.6 lbs each! I was more surprised than anything since they did not feel heavy. This weight is WITHOUT the Bride RO rails attached so my guess is this entire setup will be really close to the stock seat weight of ~37/38lbs like you said....grrrrr

I was hoping the stock seats would be around 50lbs so I could say I saved weight...haha

oh well they do look good so will install them later but just wanted to let everyone know!

rick

here is the seat w/ rail ready for installation:)

IMG_2128.jpg

Last edited:
Hey dave sorry to bring this dead thread to life but I figured it was better than starting a new one plus it answered one of your original questions.

1. OEM seat weight is 42.5lbs which in comparison to a lot of others with rails really isn't too bad. I at the same time weighed one of my CR seats and in it came in at 32.5lbs so 10lbs for leather and power on a seat designed 20yrs ago really isn't too bad.

2. I looked at the Brides ( S4play's look so sweet! ) as well and the lightest weight was the Zeta II which has been discontinued ,but since it looks like a Recaro PP twin I doubt it would've made much difference to you.

3. This seat the Recaro Profi SPA may be the best compromise as it has separate thigh supports which may/should help with support since an individual cushion is used to support each thigh. Also the weight is equivalent to the NSX-R seat at 8lbs and so with the SOS rails would be a total of 22lbs hence a savings of 20lbs per side and a total of 40lbs reduced from the car weight.
http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3626&region=3&L=2

Not sure that this has been addressed but I am 6'2" and had head room issues. I removed the drivers seat then the lower cushion and used my wifes (don't tell her!) electric "turkey"knife and carefully removed a "trough"of foam from the bottom part of the "butt cheek"area of the foam and picked up over an inch of headroom. The result was completely un noticeable upon re-intstall.
I took some pictures but am not sure if I can attich them here (rookie).
Brian ; ; ;

Wingz,

Is the OEM seat really that heavy ~ 42 lbs? wow – I read earlier in this thread it was around 37 lbs and I thought that was already heavy.

I weighed both my Bride EURO II and Bride Stradia Sport – neither are lightweight seats but it seems a big chunk of the weight lies with the sliding rails. Fixed rails and bucket seats save a lot of weight overall. (almost 5 lbs per seat in my experience).

I’m running Bride RO Rails in my NSX and on my bathroom scale they are about 15 lbs each give or take.

If you any taller than 6’1” you really need to modify the stock seats in some way….read my dedicated seat post but if you are 6’5” tall, I would definitely look into some aftermarket seats. I gained well over 2” + of headroom!

rick

Wingz,

Is the OEM seat really that heavy ~ 42 lbs? wow – I read earlier in this thread it was around 37 lbs and I thought that was already heavy.

I weighed both my Bride EURO II and Bride Stradia Sport – neither are lightweight seats but it seems a big chunk of the weight lies with the sliding rails. Fixed rails and bucket seats save a lot of weight overall. (almost 5 lbs per seat in my experience).

I’m running Bride RO Rails in my NSX and on my bathroom scale they are about 15 lbs each give or take.

If you any taller than 6’1” you really need to modify the stock seats in some way….read my dedicated seat post but if you are 6’5” tall, I would definitely look into some aftermarket seats. I gained well over 2” + of headroom!

rick

Yeah that's what I got on the scale , but that's not really too bad for what they are and when they were made. Most after market buckets with rails are in the mid to upper 30#'s and that's usually for cloth with manual sliders.

How do your seats weigh total with rails.

I've read the posts in this thread and it appears to me that Brides are the best seat out there for gaining headroom. That was the first thing I noticed when I inserted my Bride Brix II seats into my ex-91 was that it definately felt like I was sitting on the floor - night and day to the stock NSX seats. I'm 6'0" and I gained at least 2 to 3 inches of headroom...

The pan (butt area) of the Bride's in all of the pictures above and on mine is very flat and definately on the floor of the NSX. This is what makes all of the difference. The OP complains that he's got no support underneath the thigh area and this is what makes the OEM NSX seat suck because the cushion pushes up against the thigh on the sides and underneath making the legs sit taller in the seat than they should.

If I were the OP I'd head into a Bride dealer and custom order a seat that fits and use the RO rails.

Here are pictures of my seats which I've just sold to another Prime member:

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

I've read the posts in this thread and it appears to me that Brides are the best seat out there for gaining headroom. That was the first thing I noticed when I inserted my Bride Brix II seats into my ex-91 was that it definately felt like I was sitting on the floor - night and day to the stock NSX seats. I'm 6'0" and I gained at least 2 to 3 inches of headroom...

The pan (butt area) of the Bride's in all of the pictures above and on mine is very flat and definately on the floor of the NSX. This is what makes all of the difference. The OP complains that he's got no support underneath the thigh area and this is what makes the OEM NSX seat suck because the cushion pushes up against the thigh on the sides and underneath making the legs sit taller in the seat than they should.

If I were the OP I'd head into a Bride dealer and custom order a seat that fits and use the RO rails.

Here are pictures of my seats which I've just sold to another Prime member:

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Yeah and hopefully the OP will remember not to leave them in his car unattached and in the box:rolleyes:

Back