• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security Camera Images

I have some pics from my camera of someone stealing my copper. The pictures are just not as clear as needed for positive ID. I am looking for advice on how to clean them up.

sorry to hear that...

generally speaking, there's very little you can do to take a 'low quality' image and make them 'better'.... and by better i mean details, and clarity. you only have so much to work with.

can we sort of sharpen an image, maybe bump around/contrasting/lighting to help a little, possibly...

if its a still image/jpeg, you can send to me and i can see what i can do with it if you'd like.

hope you catch the bastard! :mad:

Ive learned allot over the past few month on pictures and photoshop , im sure i can do something to help.

They are from a time lapse camera set max. frames and quality. They are just not as clean as needed. The police are of little help so it seems up to me to stop this. I am out of at least 10k and really fed up.I will send you them out to you guy's soon.

They are from a time lapse camera set max. frames and quality. They are just not as clean as needed. The police are of little help so it seems up to me to stop this. I am out of at least 10k and really fed up.I will send you them out to you guy's soon.

You are going to send pictures to a high school kid with photoshop to help you catch someone who is stealing from you. I'd do a little more research and find an investigation/surveillance company that specializes in photo enhancement to help you. If the pictures are ever to be used as evidence in a court, I'm sure the defense attorney is going to want to know the qualifications of the person who enhanced the pictures.

Just my $0.02.

If you have multiple frames of video with the face recorded in a stationary position, it's possible to use a technique called super-resolution to combine data from adjacent frames to extract a clearer, higher-resolution picture. Assuming your security camera was recording at 30fps, even if the culprit was stationary for a fraction of a second, you may have a few frames that would fit the criteria for this.

One SW package you might be able to use for this is PhotoAcute (http://www.photoacute.com/). With the right frames, you may be able to increase the resolution and reduce noise and other artifacts. You mentioned time-lapse, so if it was recording at some low frame rate, eg. a frame every few seconds then this technique will not work for you.

Photoshop on a single frame will be of limited use. At best you can play with contrast levels and such, but there's no way to increase the resolution beyond that of the source.

I would go with these guys, seems that have been able to pick up the slack since we lost Sonny and Crocket a few years back

medium_csi_miami_logo.jpg

Armando

Are the images CIF or D1? If thy are in D1 then are they interleaved?

What is it about the image that is poor? Blurry? Resolution? Too dark? Too light?

Can you fix it by adjusting brightness & contrast? Beyond that you're going to run in to issues with admissability of the image if you modify it in unusal ways.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to recognize a person that you might already know, or convice the police that you know the person? Or are you trying to create a 'wanted poster'?

I am trying to narrow my search to maybe a customer/previous employee or something besides everyone in the country.
The images are from NETROM DSS-X8 system.I purchased from Sam's Club it has done a fair job of catching bad guy's
but this a**hole has been hitting me hard. He knows where the camera's are and will cover them up.
I hid an extra camera and got a picture of his face but is to dark and grainy to Id.

Back