• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security system, pwr dr locks and engine hatch LID light

pbl

Registered Member
Just recently my keyless door entry system and security system has failed, the remote does work but no signal is received; my engine hatch warning light is on as well. From what I have read it looks like both systems have feeds from the hatch latch switch, so my guess is that this is the reason the other two systems are not working now. I have checked the connector near the latch switch and my ohmmeter indicates that I have continuity when the manual states it should be an open circuit until the hatch is open and at that point ground is made and the dash indicator light will stay go on. The switch itself checks out perfect, so my guess is there is some sort of short between the connector and the other two systems. I have no idea how to go about tracking this down, so if anybody has expertise in this type of diagnostics I would really appreciate some help/tips/suggestions.

Thanks,
Pete

Back