• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security System

2001 NSX T
Security system will not arm. I lock the car in all ways possible and the system does not arm. I opened the hood of the car and turned on the key and the system does not recognize that the hood is open. Is it possible that the sensor for the hood is bad and that is keeping the security system from completing a circuit? Any and all thoughts/remedies are welcomed. Also key FOBs do not lock or unlock the doors. New batteries in both FOBs but no luck operating the locks.

I was able to get the remotes to work by replacing the 3 amp fuse under the glove box. Fortunately it was easy to get to. The alarm still does not arm though. I think it may be the hood switch. When I open the hood with the key on I do not get a warning on the dash like all of the other hatches or doors. Thoughts...

The security control unit is powered up by three fuses, #18 and #5 in the main fuse box and #45 in the main relay box. Make sure that those fuses are good before poking around other stuff. #45 is real easy to check because if it is blown, your horns will not operate.

My recollection is that the hood switch is open when the hood is closed and closed when the hood is open. If the problem is the hood switch, you should be able to test it by disconnecting the switch (essentially making it open). If the hood switch is the problem that should allow the system to arm.

I checked ALL fuses and they are fine. There are two diodes (three prong) connected to the wiring harness by the security system. How do I check them to see if they are good?

Back