• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seeking your learned opinions :)

TSD

Registered Member
I am in the process of purchasing a NSX. I have two likely candidates.

#1 is a '91 Red & Black (with the black painted red to match the rest of the car)

35,200 miles
Carfax is clean save one designated "Gross Polluter" in California subsequently passed emissions.

I am trying to get in touch with NSX Modified as there are some service records from them (all the numbers I have are disonnected)

The car is in very good to excellent shape, is out of the snap ring range and has 4 new tires (dunlop GT 8000 factory standard specs)

I will need to have the 30K service, timing belt water pump replaced (at my request) and about $400 of basic maintenance (seals , gaskets etc etc.)

The asking price is 32,500

# 2 is a 1996 Black on Black 48,000 miles needs timing belt water pump and 45K service.

Asking 44,000

I think I am more interested in the 91 (less miles, no T-Top) but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything. I am a complete and total neophyte when it comes to NSX's. What I know I have learned from this board.

P.S. both drive GREAT !!!

Any thoughts or opinions ?

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Tim

Seems like a bit of a toss up, do you plan on driving the car a lot?

If so, I might lean toward the newer '96 even with a few more miles since you are going to continue to put miles on it anyway and both are going to require the same immediate service, you would get a few benefits of the 96 over the earlier 91.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by TSD:
I am trying to get in touch with NSX Modified as there are some service records from them (all the numbers I have are disonnected)

The number in the Company Directory in the FAQ is correct.

The biggest difference between the two cars you're considering is the removable roof on the NSX-T, which is the main reason why its market value is higher. Since it sounds like you would prefer a coupe over the NSX-T, get the '91.

That's what I was looking for was the differences. I can live with or without the targa top. Thank you. Do any of you know what number NSX modified can be reached at ? They did some work on the 91 and I need to verify if the water pump / timing belt was done. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Back