• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seibon NSX-R Wing Quality?

It's OK. I have the one with the center tail light -- which is pretty crappy quality.

But, you get what you pay for. Its probably good enough for 90% of us on here. The ProCar puts it to shame.

It's OK. I have the one with the center tail light -- which is pretty crappy quality.

But, you get what you pay for. Its probably good enough for 90% of us on here. The ProCar puts it to shame.

ProCar parts put a lot of things to shame. I haven't got my spoiler on yet, but I needed a new light(damaged in shipping) and Seibon hooked me up.

Mine had one when I bought it. I swapped it to someone locally for an OEM wing and cash.

I'd say the quality was pretty good. Only knock on fit was some bolt holes that were a tiny bit off. But not so much that you couldn't easily bolt on the wing with a small socket wrench.

Weave was pretty good and the finish was fine.

For a long time the Seibon wings came with the brake wiring on the RHD side. You had to drill a hole in the bottom of the left side upright and fish the wiring over. But mine was done correctly and I have heard that Seibon now has the wiring correct for LHD cars.

Anybody who has seen both (neglecting the wire being on the wrong side), which would you say is better....Seibon or VIS?

None of them are shipping with clear coat, and the CF quality is not very good because it is from China.

DF wing if opted with LED, it is replaceable if you need them, I'm not sure about Procar because the LED looked sealed into the wing.

So I agree with post above, got DF/PC or don't bother.

Really? That would suck. But why does Seibon's website say this...

"All of our products use clear coat finish. Clear coats are shiny and durable, and they give you the nice "wet" look as opposed to a duller look from gel coats."

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/faq/

All I have seen are shipped with the gel coat, which is standard on all wet CF parts, so unless they added the clear coat feature, I think they might be mistaken. I find it hard to see why they will use clear coat on "all" products because I can't see why they will do it on body panel parts where people usually paint over it.

Last edited:
mine has a clear coat on it, don't know if the previous owner did that. Curious for those with the thier spoiler installed where did you cut the OEM wire to splice your type R spoiler light in?

I currently have Downforce's Version 2 Type-R wing. I previously had the Seibon-R wing.

Seibon-R:
- the Gurney flap portion and LED seemed to be "thicker".
- the clear coat wasn't very appealing.
- the fitment on some of them were a little off (slightly narrower).

If I were to stick with the Seibon-R wing, I would have had the wing clear coated again with a slightly darker tint to make it pop like the ones that procar and DF have.

mine has a clear coat on it, don't know if the previous owner did that. Curious for those with the thier spoiler installed where did you cut the OEM wire to splice your type R spoiler light in?

if i remember correctly, there was a hole on the other side. What I did was remove the LED, moved the wiring to the correct side, then spliced it into place.

if i remember correctly, there was a hole on the other side. What I did was remove the LED, moved the wiring to the correct side, then spliced it into place.

Mine is already on the left side, So just dike the current cable and splice it into place? Any kind of heat shrink or water protection to cover the splice.

Mine is already on the left side, So just dike the current cable and splice it into place? Any kind of heat shrink or water protection to cover the splice.

heat wrap around some quick connectors, like terminals, would be the safest. or just splice and use electrical tape. Since the wires are internal to the trunk lid, there shouldn't be any water going in. and also with the lid having a slight decline, any water should go down towards the rear bumper anyways.

I have the DF and it looks a lot nicer than the others. The finish and quality really show. Obviously it cost a lot more but I think it's worth it and don't regret going with the DF

I currently have Downforce's Version 2 Type-R wing. I previously had the Seibon-R wing.

Seibon-R:
- the Gurney flap portion and LED seemed to be "thicker".
- the clear coat wasn't very appealing.
- the fitment on some of them were a little off (slightly narrower).

If I were to stick with the Seibon-R wing, I would have had the wing clear coated again with a slightly darker tint to make it pop like the ones that procar and DF have.

The reason the Seibon wing is thicker is because it is a knock off of the Taitec wing, which is NOT a NSX-R replica but a look a like. The DF wing is a direct replica of the NSX-R. See if you can find pictures of the DF-R Wing because the tips are extended.

The Spoon NSX-R GT replica uses the Taitec (I wonder if it is still sitting at SCA).

This is the tip. Also look at the CF, gelcoat, and clear coat quality.

nsx_wing2.jpg

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the wing I got from them. The fitment was rubbish, there was at lease a 1/2" difference from side to side. And the LED housing broke -___-
You get what you pay for I guess.

I personally would save a little more money and get the Downforce NSX-R wing.

Not a big fan of the wing I got from them. The fitment was rubbish, there was at lease a 1/2" difference from side to side. And the LED housing broke -___-
You get what you pay for I guess.

I personally would save a little more money and get the Downforce NSX-R wing.

Which Seibon wing did you end up picking up? They have 2 Carbon wings on their site.

Back