• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selfless NSX Owners

On Thursday 7/22/04 16 NSXCA members attended Trackmasters' Kid's Day at Watkins Glen International. For more than one and half hours these selfless NSXCA members drove children from Camp Good Days around WGI bringing smiles to the faces of their passengers.
I'm posting their names as they represent all that's good about the NSX Club of America.
New York:
Bob Ondrovic, Larry Bastanza, Ben Ferro, Ron Witte, John Bulbulia
Gary Sommer, Bailey Lew, Roger Matles
New Jersey:
Don Lebentritt, John Defini, Bob Kerekes
Pennsylvania:
Larry Gauthier, John Iannone
Connecticut:
Keith Modugno
Maryland:
David Moore
Kansas:
Mark Bartlett ( yes that's right Kansas)
I am proud to be associated with them.

Last edited:
That's a great story. Kudos. I hope you guys had fun doing it. I know I would have.

On my way back from Pittsburgh Thursday there was a yellow 02 or newer on a car trailer on route 17. Was this anyone from the above list of people. Very nice looking car. Thanks to all who participated.

Someone had posted something about that not too long ago...said they had a blast doing it too!! Maybe it was last year?

Either way, it had inspired me to do something similar down here in South Florida, but I didn't get much help and there is a lot of legal issues involved...too much for me to be able to handle on my own.

Who coordinated this event? I would LOVE to do something like that down here...

steveny said:
On my way back from Pittsburgh Thursday there was a yellow 02 or newer on a car trailer on route 17.
Did it look like the pic bellow? If so, it was MarkB.

attachment.php

Brian2by2 said:
Someone had posted something about that not too long ago...said they had a blast doing it too!! Maybe it was last year?

That was my post last year. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20538

The kids day drive is organized through Trackmasters, the school running the event. They already have the track rented and insurance procured. The best way to try to get something like going down your way would be to contact one of the clubs or schools running a track event and try to add it their schedule. That way not only will most of the logistics already be taken care of but a sufficent number of cars will be guaranteed to be there to give the rides.

Peter Mills said:
On Thursday 7/22/04 16 NSXCA members attended Trackmasters' Kid's Day at Watkins Glen International. For more than one and half hours these selfless NSXCA members drove children from Camp Good Days around WGI bringing smiles to the faces of their passengers.
I'm posting their names as they represent all that's good about the NSX Club of America.
New York:
Bob Ondrovic, Larry Bastanza, Ben Ferro, Ron Witte, John Bulbulia
Gary Sommer, Bailey Lew
New Jersey:
Don Lebentritt, John Defini, Bob Kerekes
Pennsylvania:
Larry Gauthier, John Iannone
Connecticut:
Keith Modugno
Maryland:
David Moore
Kansas:
Mark Bartlett ( yes that's right Kansas)
I am proud to be associated with them.

All right Peter, you caught me, I haven't signed up/paid up with the dues to the NSX CoA, so send me the forms, it's overdue. I was there, and everyone helped me to get there and be able to participate, so send me the forms, and the check will be in the mail!!!!!

As your attorney, I was going to advise you to pay up. We are all glad you were able to make the trip but it is about time that you get recognized as making it as an NSXCA member. ;)

Peter, Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm sure I can speak for everyone to say that we were indeed humbled and honored to be able to participate, and that it was actually us who benefitted more from the experience. I know that my son and I came away from this with a greater appreciation of all that really matters in life. In a way, I feel a bit guilty that we enjoyed the experience so much. We all can learn a lot from those brave kids. I will never look at my car again without seeing the huge smile on little Melissa's face, who at eight years old was so small and frail that I would have guessed she were only four. I hope I think of that smile every time I feel like complaining about something.

Peter Mills said:
Roger:
You can join on line go to www.nsxca.org
you can pay via credit through paypal.
Upon confirmation from Mr Sax I'll edit my post.
Roger,

Got your fax - welcome to the club. ;) I'll e-mail you with your member number in the next few days. I'm still trying to catch up after spending this past weekend's track event in Pennsylvania (along with that same yellow NSX on the trailer, the one that steveny saw) :D .

A waving black flag means that particular car must come into the pits. Standing black flags at every flag station mean all cars must come into the pits.

Back