• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sensors and Cats Fouling

I've had all 4 oxygen sensors replaced within the past year (one at a time on different occasions) and recently just had my cats replaced due to a failed smog test. I'm wondering if there is a separate underlying issue that caused the sensors and cats to foul. Luckly all these items were replaced under warranty. 95 with about 68k miles.

Sounds like you need to engage V-tec more often :wink:. Gets those cats nice and hot so they don't plug up! :smile:

similiar to other sports cars ... if you dont drive them like they were designed for, they'll get pissed at you. also, most ECU/engine brain in sports cars have adaptive programming to make slight timing adjustments based on knock sensor, environment conditions, and also driving habits ... advancing or retarding ignition where it sees fit. not sure if its the same with the nsx. most sports cars if you drive them slow and use to get groceries, you'll get a lot of carbon soot buildup in the exhaust headers, cats, mufflers, sensors.

Back