• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sequential shifter and R duct came today

Updates

Hi gangs,
So here what's going on:
I managed to put the type-R CF mesh boot on and danggg it fits not too bad. Did some more final touch up, so now it looks more like stock shifter.
It was raining all day today therefore I couldn't take her out for a test drive... sorry for the delay, but I will try my best tormorrow to video tape it too.
Also for everyone informations: This kit is fit for a RHD NSX, but it will fit fine on LHD... the only thing you have to sacrify is E-brake (I don't use E-brake anyway)

Todd McKelvie,
I believe Ikeya do not make a kit for 6 speeds (at least not now)

15180sequentialshifter3.jpg

15180sequentialshifter21.jpg

15180sequentialshifter1.jpg

Oooo, nice! Can't wait to see how it works on the road. I would imagine though that the clutch action would have to be quicker since shifting from gear to gear will be super quick.

Do they make a sequential shifter kit that doesn't use the clutch like on some of the street driven Top End NSXs in Japan?

93B18 said:
Oooo, nice! Can't wait to see how it works on the road. I would imagine though that the clutch action would have to be quicker since shifting from gear to gear will be super quick.

Do they make a sequential shifter kit that doesn't use the clutch like on some of the street driven Top End NSXs in Japan?

Yeah there are a few companies that make them. I think hewland is one of them. The Super GT nsx's run them.

i don't get why you'd lose the e-brake function... i'm sure there's a way to retain its function plus use the shifter? and i'm amazed you've gotten this far without ever having to use your e-brake. i mean i park on a subtle incline, and my car starts rolling... :eek:

what's that other lever or metal piece sticking out of the boot?

either way... looks nice... :smile:

In Action

As I stated, this kit is for RHD NSXs. So if you don't know by now, the e-brake on RHD NSX is on the left side of the shifter. I will try to fabricate a bracket at a later time to make the E-brake works, but as I mentioned I don't even use E-brake at all. So to me I am not missing anything.
So it was raining all week, I finally decided to go ahead and make the test drive anyway (in the rain).
First impression was COOOOLLLL, drove around 1 mile radius block felt perty good. Got used to the shifting in 5 mins. It is different than shifting an H gated shifter. Because this shifter bounces back to center after each shift.
To my obervation, I think this kit shifts a little faster than our normal H gated shifter with more practice it would be faster for sure. The feed back I get from the shifting stick can feel that this shifter has a more direct engagement.
Welllll here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9Wrm2iHho

Cool, thanks for the vid! Seems like it wasn't too much trouble to install, and it looks fun to use, although not exactly what I was expecting. I'm not sure if I'd want to give up the ability to skip around through the gears, but that's not so important when driving in a sporting manner I'd guess...

Cool, thanks for the vid! Seems like it wasn't too much trouble to install, and it looks fun to use, although not exactly what I was expecting. I'm not sure if I'd want to give up the ability to skip around through the gears, but that's not so important when driving in a sporting manner I'd guess...

Skip Gears?
I wont do that if I were u.

here's a good reminder Thread

(pix form the thread above)
attachment.php

What is the purpose of this if its not clutchless? faster shifts? Does anyone know where you can buy a clutchless sequential like the one that the white nsx on the grip video has? You know the one that goes.....
"puuuummm" puuumm":biggrin:

Back