• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Series 2 AEM EMS for 91-94nsx

HI all

For those of you that don't know AEM now has a series 2 AEM EMS. Although AEM does not have an application for the nsx, I'am currently developing a plug and play harness to adapt a series 2 AEM EMS into a 91-94 obd1 nsx. I should have something by next week. Here are the key benefits to using a series 2 AEM EMS

here are the key differences between series 1EMS and series 2EMS

1. definable knock control. on series one this did not work very well
2. tuning can be done over USB communication NO more usb to serial converters that don't work all the time
3. ability to password protect your work
4. 8 coil drivers. No longer will we have to run the ignition in wasted spark mode. We will have a fully sequential ignition and injection
5. 12 fuel injector drivers
6. 1mb worth of on board dataloging
7 4 egt inputs with the ability to have fuel compensations

one of the best functions that this new ems box and software has is the definable knock control. We now can use knock control very accurately. Also being able to run the engine fully sequentially. There are just more inputs and outputs than before so that we can have more data acquisition.

What this will include will be:
Series 2 AEM EMS
custom plug and play adapter harness
custom start up cal for AEM TUNER SOFTWARE.
Pricing on the this series 2 AEM EMS for 91-94 nsx will be $1850

here is a youtube video I made using the series 2 AEM EMS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZgGS9yvjc

Last edited:
I'm running F/IC on my '00 SOS s/c'd any word on EMS 2 for ODBII drive by wire cars 97 and up? I just got it re-tuned for intercooler and was kind of worried about my fuel trim changing over time, for now I will have to keep an eye on it to make sure the trims don't change.

hi guys

I officially have a nsx up and running flawlessly on the new AEM EMS SERIES 2. This new series 2 is bad A--. the software is way better than the older stuff and I am very happy to see rock solid signal inputs "no more jittery signal inputs like the series 1 AEM EMS". I have spent the last couple days developing a start up cal for this car. For those of you that don't know AEM does not have a AEM EMS SERIES 2 for the nsx. I had to make a complete base map from scratch.

Here is a some pics of the unit

Here is a youtube video I made going over the new series 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZgGS9yvjc

Last edited:
i thought there was a member with the SOS ITB using the AEM series 2!
isn't that made for the NSX by AEM???

what's the model number on this EMS Series 2??

No that is the version 2 AEM EMS for the nsx not the SERIES 2. The first version for the nsx was part#30-1002 which was a larger physical box. The version 2 for the nsx was part#30-1042 which was in a smaller enclosure but basically the same thing The SERIES 2 is a totally redesigned EMS system that is new for AEM. The series 2 is by far superior to the series 1 ems. Here is link you can read all about the new Series 2 2http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-management-systems-9/series-2-plug-play-engine-management-system-30/

You will notice that AEM does not offer a plug and play unit for the nsx on the list and they never will"just to low of production unit for them to design a series 2 for nsx". We will be running all series 2 boxes from now on due to it being fully sequential and no noise on the signal inputs+ tons of other features that are available in the software and hardware

Yes, it's definitely a new box and it is certainly better. The question is if it is worth dumping your $1000 box in order to pick up another one that costs twice as much. For a simpler tune.

I'm having a hard time justifying the cost.

thanks dynomike for clarifying version 2 vs series 2
I had assumed you were talking about the 30-1042 which is old news!

I have the 30-1002 and will be tuning soon, but you've pitched a curved ball at me ... thinking, thinking

Got mine installed over the weekend! Just a few simple instructions and splices to make (because I used two new AEM wideband O2 sensors with feedback to the EMS), and it fired right up!

The wires stuffed behind the box are my temporary setup for the new O2 controller outputs. They'll be shortened later (not the wires going from the sensors to the controller, but the outputs from the controller).

Thank you Mike!

Dave

IMG_4391.JPG

Back