• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Service dept. recommendations in OC

Can anyone in the OC area give a recommendation on a dealership service department? I.E.: Tustin or other. Does it matter if they are NSX certified? Thanks in advance for your reply post(s).

as far as acura dealers go, tustin acura always quotes me the best prices. i'm sure there are other "mom and pop" shops that will give you a slightly better price, but you won't have american honda to back up the work.

Any Comments on Mission Viejo or Hoehn Acura?

Paul I had MV Acura quote a 30K service. They did not know the correct scope and there quote was $950. Proceed with care!!

Tustin seems to sell a lot of used NSX's, but how are their techs? M&P's, don't want to chance using them - want to avoid risking problems or warranty issues. MV Acura is so small I keep forgetting they are there - thanks for the heads-up on their service department or lack of.

Originally posted by ss_md:
Can anyone in the OC area give a recommendation on a dealership service department? I.E.: Tustin or other. Does it matter if they are NSX certified? Thanks in advance for your reply post(s).

Not sure if this means anything to ya, but I went into Tustin Acura looking for an NSX with my little brother one day, and got the distinct impression that they had racist issues with us. Never been treated that badly before. Swore I'd never go back.

AUTOWAVE Huntington Beach:714)841-2433 ask for Shane. They've been servicing my Honda and Acura for the last 15 years.
Good Luck
smile.gif
cheers

I just had Saddleback Service do my 30K service and install some upgraded brake parts, has serviced all my Honda/Acura cars. Mike is in Mission Viejo at 951-3385. I was very satisfied.

------------------
  • 1997 NSX-T
  • 1983 El Camino
  • 1972 VW Bug

I've had MV Acura do the 60k service on my car and was completely satisfied by the workmanship and the service.

The ABS modulator went nuts one day and exhausted all the ABS fluid out the top of the reservoir. Mike at MV Acura had me bring the car in immediately and put me in a loaner to keep the problem from getting worse. He was real good in explaining the causes of the problem and actually recommended a cheaper possible fix (flushing the system a few times) rather than replacing the modulator($1300, as I'm sure some shops would have told me that that was the only option). The fix worked and I saved a ton of money.

I have a friend who takes her car to Tustin and doesn't have anything good to say about them at all! No personal experience though.

Hope this helps.

------------------
IRL Sucks! CART RULES

[This message has been edited by ndpracing (edited 12 February 2003).]

Back