• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shad's favorite beverage or something....

Anyone know what I can give Shad as a thank you for helping me out of an emergency? (Yeah, I called Kip and he didn't have anything right off the top of his head.) I'm betting that Shad's too busy to read this forum.

I was on my way to Tahoe last week for a project meeting, had a little extra time, so just happened to stop for coffee in Shingle Springs. When I came out, my trusty old Honda Accord would not start; cranked fine but would not fire.

I called Shad and he came right over and spent a fair amount of time figuring out a flaky lock-out switch on the auto gear shift that cuts the spark apparently. Jiggling the shift lever fixed the problem and got me to my meeting on time, saving me a boatload of stress.

Of course he wouldn't take anything for it, so the least I can do is drop off a nice bottle of something or some other small token. Any idea what he'd appreciate?

TIA

Ted,
I just spoke w/ Shad this morning since I need to drop my Accord in for a master cylinder replacement. He like beer so any micro brew works for him.
Tom

Dr. Pepper

Hey Ted,

I say you take Shad down to the old Blue Note for a few brews. The old Comptech/Honda Racing crew all still hang out there. You guys can reminisce the three NSX IMSA GTP Lights championships. Not only that, you can hear the stories of how Comptech/Honda moved into Indy Cars.

There's got to be a lot of great stories, if you're lucky maybe Parker or Dario will drop by.

BTW, the guy that goes by S.S. has the best stories.

Mike

Re: The golden years............

Yeah, if I could pry Shad away from the shop and the foothills, I would like to take him down to the old Blue Note. But I'm not sure I remember the password or secret handshake. I'll have to ask Hrant about that since he probably stays in touch with that no-account sleaze bag Super Sleuth. :rolleyes: Not sure if that guy helped or hurt the NSXPO 03 attendance. :eek:

I was just getting into racing when Parker/Comptech/Shad were catching people's attention. Would've been cool to know Shad then and see racing at the grass roots. Parker, bless his heart, suffered through a hand-wringing tirade from me about WTF was wrong with Acura for not advertising the NSX. What a nice guy and fan fave. Sent me this flyer.

Attachments

• Parker.jpg
    Parker.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 38
Nice flyer... I'll bet it's hard for you to keep it under 245mph:biggrin: Wow, you guys go way back.

I remember Parker's first podium finish in an Indy Car... very emotional. Parker seems like a really great guy, yet very humble.

I really miss the IMSA GTP days, perhaps the "golden era" in sports car racing in the US.

Mike

Back