• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"She's Alive!..."

ajnsx said:
Brembolicious, looks great congrats! Can i ask the cost of the complete brembo kit and were there any modifications needed in lieu of the handbrake?

Prices do vary on the Brembo kits. All I can say is that both Wheel Boutique and SOS have great prices on these kits. Expect to pay somewhere over $5,400 for the kit before add ons. I paid extra for the white lettering. For some reason black text on red is standard for the NSX kit, but white text on red is OEM for Porsche and Mitsubishi EVO VIII. I just like the look better. Reminds me of my Porsche. :) The Brembo Handbrake is a real killer piece. Very nice.

While I did not do the install, the shop reported no problems with the kit at all. In fact, just the opposite. They reported the kit going on VERY easy. Same for the TEIN kit. The quality of the parts is rivaled only be the insane level of fit and finish. These parts were all made for this car to be sure. The only loss was the NSX factory brake dust shields. Just no room for them. I have OEM Struts all the way around, OEM wheels and tires and OEM Exhaust. Just trying to figure out what to do with those? Any ideas? :)

jlindy said:
Ditto on the anytime exhaust. ;) Now I love to drive with the windows down.

Well, all I can say is if that thread comes up again about coupe vs. targa my vote is hands down the targa... I can hear my Anytime Racing Exhaust better that way. :) I even store my car in the garage without the top on it so I don't have to waste time taking it off. :)

I have OEM Struts all the way around, OEM wheels and tires and OEM Exhaust. Just trying to figure out what to do with those? Any ideas?

Yeah I have the same problem. I just got my Tubi installed yesterday... what to do with the old exhaust manifold and exhaust? I was thinking of just dumping it since it takes up so much space, but then I'm thinking if I ever get a different NSX and I want to move the Tubi over, then I'd probably want to hold onto the OEM exhaust. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

I'll take the struts if you want to donate to the unemployed :)

I am sure mine are getting warn after 83,000 miles and being a 93.

How can I tell if they are warn anyway?

Thanks for the info, i'm painting the cailpers and rotor hat a custom colour anyway so the lettering doesnt bother me!
:) Again, looks great!

G-man said:
I have OEM Struts all the way around, OEM wheels and tires and OEM Exhaust. Just trying to figure out what to do with those? Any ideas? :)
Sell them. The two most obvious places are eBay (where you'll probably get the most money for them, particularly if you aren't sure how much they should sell for) and the NSXprime forum for NSX parts for sale.

Your car gets some heads turning I'm sure...that is one classy ride!

Glad to know you are enjoying the Anytime Exhaust system, the positive testimony is most appreciated. Thanks.

Regards--

John

G-man said:
I have OEM Struts all the way around, OEM wheels and tires and OEM Exhaust. Just trying to figure out what to do with those? Any ideas? :)

How much might you want for the OEM wheels/tires? My 91 will be delivered on the 16th and it has the stock 15"/16"'s on it. Not sure if I can afford to buy anything else at the moment but can't hurt to ask. Got any pics you can post?

G-man, you're car is looking great! Love the rims...

Yeah, ditto on the rims. What do you want for them?

JChoice said:
For those of you with stock NSX's: You're missing out! :)
For those of us who have driven stock NSXs and modded NSXs (and, for that matter, automatic NSXs and manual NSXs): No they're not! They're ALL hella fun!!! :D

SoCalDude said:
Not sure if I can afford to buy anything else at the moment but can't hurt to ask. Got any pics you can post?

I will have to post some pics when I get the chance. The OEM wheels and tires are in great shape. It would be a nice upgrade for a 1991-1994 owner. PM me at [email protected] if anyone has an offer.

ANYTIME said:
Glad to know you are enjoying the Anytime Exhaust system, the positive testimony is most appreciated.

Well, John it is the least I can do give all the concerners a few weeks back out "tinny" sounding Anytime Racing Exhausts. I knew that was due to the B&B headers on that problem unit. The mirror finish on the canister is not to be believed. The guys who installed it just couldn't believe how nice it looked. Too bad nobody ever sees the underside of the car.

Thanks for making a great product.

akira3d said:
G-man, you're car is looking great! Love the rims...

Well, Akira, you are my hero. You and I got our cars at the same time back in 2000 and now I wish I had kept my original car. All I can think about is all those years I missed with the NSX. :) It feels good to be back.

JChoice said:
For those of you with stock NSX's: You're missing out! :)

I don't think that is fair. I think those driving a stock NSX are having as much fun as I used to. I don't think that I am having any more or any less fun with the new mods, the car is just different. Not bad and not shockingly good, just different - in a good way. :)

I think the message I was trying to get across was that I was paranoid about making any mods and ruining the car. In stead, the mods amplified all the things that I liked about the car and supressed a few of the things that I didn't like. Of course there are new things to like and dislike, but none so bad that I regret the mods. 3" of grounclearance does have its issues on regular roads.

G-man. Let me know if you do want to sell your OEM strusts and springs...

I too love my anytime exhaust. I just fired it up today for someone and they were blown away.

I drove a stock NSX after having my NSX modded for about a year - I couldn't get over how the stock NSX felt like a Honda Accord.

I'm not saying that the stock NSX isn't a great car but it just lacks the type of character that I now find in my modded NSX. On top of that, the stock NSX leans way too much in corners for my taste.

Of course, if I drove my NSX everyday, I might feel differently about my mods.

Gman, get back into a stock NSX after about a year and tell me what you think. :)

-J

G-man said:
I will have to post some pics when I get the chance. The OEM wheels and tires are in great shape. It would be a nice upgrade for a 1991-1994 owner. PM me at [email protected] if anyone has an offer.

You have PM.

G-man said:

As far as losing me to another car or board, fear not! It took me 29 cars over 18 years at a cost of well over $829,000 to figure it out, but the only thing better than an NSX is a heavily modified NSX!

Remarkable! Great testimonial towards the NSX!
Some people on other boards will be disappointed!

Congrats for your mods!

G-man said:

Yes, I am talking seriously about the SOS Stage 3 normally aspirated crate motor.

I just think that like my Porsche C4S, the NSX has some strong "personality" and I don't want to overwhealm that with FI.

This looks amazing ( I too prefer the NA route... ).

Combined with standards I/H/E mods can we expect more than 385 hp?

Since it is newly available, how about the reliability? Did guys at SOS give info about that?

I'm asking questions because this is the kind of power enhancement I would favor. I just can't imagine what would be a 400 hp NA NSX!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

G-man said:

The NSX is the best normally aspriated car I have ever driven.

Agree! Well said!

G-man said:

I just don't think anything can beat 385 hp at the crank shoe horned into the NSX with my current mods.

Do you mean these mods puts you in Viper, Z06 and 996TT territory?

Regards,

Effer

effer said:
Remarkable! Great testimonial towards the NSX!

Do you mean these mods puts you in Viper, Z06 and 996TT territory?

No, I don't mean that at all. There are plenty cars that do one or two things much better than the NSX. I just think that my now modded NSX is as close to the driving experience of a Ferrari at a fraction of the costs. Even the Ferrari isn't able to beat the Viper, Z06 or 996TT in many categories. But then again, I drive on the streets and not on paper. :)

Back