• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shift knob? Need QUICK advice!

So my wife just leaked the surprise that for our anniversary (next week) she "got me some NSX parts and I'd be happy".

I witheld any display of being alarmed and rather than asking "WHAT?!? or "How much?" I simply asked which vendor and mumbled in a low voice something about it not being a idea if she knew about their refund policy.

Happy to hear she somehow found the Dali site, and its their "Polished Titanium" shifter. Not sure if that'd be my choice, but she says she can change the order by Monday.

While I wouldn't mind a new shifter, not crazy about "shiny stuff" so should I ask for the brushed one instead? Anyone knows if it fits a 6 speed, its at least no taller (please tell me shorter) and no boot changes?

Thanks,

Ralph

The Dali polished titanium shift knob is very good looking. The only modification that you should make to the shift boot is remove the chrome plastic collar. This will enable the boot to wrap around the base of the new shift knob. To remove the chrome plastic piece you must pull the boot up and use a sharp blade to cut the plastic tie that holds the boot to the chrome plastic piece. Once you remove the chrome plastic collar fold the boot in about 1/2", screw the new titanium knob on and pull the boot over the bottom part of the shift knob.

Yes, the Dali knob is taller than the oem piece. As for the oem boot, I found that after installing mine, the little chrome trim ring at the top of the boot sits right under the base of the knob. I didn't modify the boot so if I ever decided to swap the knob back to the original, I'll have no worries.

I ordered the Gruppe M NSX/R shift knob...and I think it is MUCH nicer than the Dali knob. The Dali Titanium knob is so...ungainly looking, Whereas the Gruppe M knob actually threads lower and almost gives you a "short shifter" type feel.

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

Back