• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shift release lock

Hello my after market alarm stopped working, so I locked my car with the key activating the OEM alarm system, and now whenever I get in my car I have to use the key in the shift release to get the car out of park, and put the car in netral to start it, anyone know what the problem is? It's an automatic.

Just a guess, but I bet your dead aftermarket alarm is preventing power from getting to the shifter interlock solenoid. I don't know if the auto NSXs use a brake pedal -shifter interlock (have to have foot on brake to get out of park), but see where the power to it comes from & see if it is controlled by the starter/ignition kill of the alarm. If you are near the shop that installed it or have the install manual it would probably help a lot. You could try jumping power to it & see if it still works, then you would know it's in the feed & can try tracing it back.

Last edited:
Back