• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shine Project NA1 Front Chin Spoiler

Any comments on the quality and fit of the Shine Project NA1 Front Chin Spoiler from SOS? Pics please.

I am thinking of replacing my stock '97 chin spoiler.

Thanks

Kim

I just picked one up this week, I think it was the last one they had for now. The quality is pretty good. We got mine to fit pretty good. Overall I would rate it at 95%. I wouldn't rate it any lower or higher than the factory spoiler, about the same fitment. It looks killer though. I love it. It really gives the car a more agressive look, and is pretty forgiving when you scrape since it's designed to push up when it scrapes. Also one more thing, depending on the color of your car you may want to paint it, either to match your car or a flat black. It isn't as dark of black as the factory spoiler, but rather a really dark gray. I have a red 93 with a lot of CF parts and it blends well, i'm going to leave it on for a few weeks and see if I want to paint it after that. I'll try to get some pics up later today.

I just got mine Friday and it looks pretty nice. Taking it in next week to get painted with my hood and bumper. I will post pics when I get it all back together.

Got mine, here ya go
118235.jpg

Just got it back from the paint shop.

Last edited:
shine on...

So who's taking bets on how long these lips will stay on? I'm giving it a week :D
Good point! :p

What adhesive/tape did you guys use for attaching the lip to the lower front valance? I've learned from a thread that I posted that windshield adhesive is the way to go!

I know this has been posted before, and I assume they come unpainted, but how much does the lip spoiler cost?

Re: shine on...

Good point! :p

What adhesive/tape did you guys use for attaching the lip to the lower front valance? I've learned from a thread that I posted that windshield adhesive is the way to go!

Not sure what you mean. The Shine spoiler secures using your factory 6mm screws and U nuts. Spoiler even has recesses in the part for the 6mm u nut making installation a snap.

Compared to a 1997+ spoiler, this spoiler is only .25" lower in the corners (the most susceptible part) and .5" up front. If you are concerned about scraping but want something different than factory, this one makes a lot of sense.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back