• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shipping my new car--

I just bought my car from San diego CA, and I need it shipped To Salt Lake City UT, does anybody know of any good companies that can do this..
Chris

Originally posted by sonik:
I just bought my car from San diego CA, and I need it shipped To Salt Lake City UT, does anybody know of any good companies that can do this..
Chris

Try these people: http://www.intercitylines.com/

I used them once and was very happy. They were very professional and delivered what they promised and on time. Car delivered as I inspected before delivery.

BTW what NSX did you get. I was looking at one in San Diego.

Thanks

Looks like a nice car. Doesn't look like the bidding is over yet though. don't get beat.
biggrin.gif

You could get an NSX for 30K as well.

I think someone's pulling our leg. You can get a very nice early NSX for the same amount of money...

I hope you did your due diligence on this car before committing to a purchase. It sounds like a nice car, but some things in his eBay ad are simply not correct, such as "actual Ferrari paint from a F355" (not possible), and the highly inflated amounts indicated for the performance and stereo system work. Anytime I see an ad with anything that is simply false, it makes me wonder how legit the rest of the deal is.

Originally posted by sonik:
very nice early stock nsx

the way I read the comment above is; you would rather have a modified somthing vs. a stock NSX. if that is the case, fine. however, with the bidding on the supra now 40+ you are now in the territory of a modified early NSX.

If I may volunteer an unsolicited opinion, you should decide what you want as the supra and NSX are very different cars. once you figure out what you want, I bet you will also figure out how to attain it.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
· Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
· Dali Racing / Brembo big brake kit
· Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
· Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels
· Wings West side skirts and rear spats

Originally posted by Lud:
I hope you did your due diligence on this car before committing to a purchase. It sounds like a nice car, but some things in his eBay ad are simply not correct, such as "actual Ferrari paint from a F355" (not possible), and the highly inflated amounts indicated for the performance and stereo system work. Anytime I see an ad with anything that is simply false, it makes me wonder how legit the rest of the deal is.

wow, I just read the description, I agree. couple other things stand out to me. Handles better than a 911 turbo? please, not with that weight.

$13000 in stereo equipment? that is a hell of a lot. if it is true, do you need that much stereo, because even though you did not buy it initially, you will be buying it in the final price - money that could be spent doing other things more important to you.

My 2 cents.... Part of the enjoyment in owning an NSX is the people I've met and having fun with them at events. If you're going to hang out with owners in a club you might want to make sure you like the owners. While I think the Supra is nice car I find most of the owners I've met to be a__ h___s.

There's a 95 NSX-Targa, Red/Black w/58k miles for $40k here in Portland. I don't know the owner and haven't checked it out. Just FYI.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 10 April 2001).]

the guy is acting kind of funny, and I think he may be selling it behind my back...I have a couple of nsx's that I am looking at..if someone would like to give me advice on them..send me an email..
Thanks,

the way I read the comment above is; you would rather have a modified somthing vs. a stock NSX. if that is the case, fine. however, with the bidding on the supra now 40+ you are now in the territory of a modified early NSX.

If I may volunteer an unsolicited opinion, you should decide what you want as the supra and NSX are very different cars. once you figure out what you want, I bet you will also figure out how to attain it.

This is excellent advice.

BTW, your current bid is more for that seven-year-old car (modified) than it cost new (stock, before modifications). That's like bidding $70,000 on a modified 1994 NSX. I don't know Supras but this sure makes me wonder whether your bid is way higher than this car is really worth.

Okay, I gotta ask - how do you manage to end an auction at a price lower than you've already bid it up to?

if the personal who originaly started the auction ends it before it was originally suppose to close then the sale doesnt even go through ebay..so its like nobody bid on it..

Why would he stop the auction? The bid was over $40k, why would he sell it to you at $30k? Something sounds funny here.

It's a nice car, good luck with it. I'll be seeing you in my rearview mirror on the track...
wink.gif

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

I called the guy the first day the auction was up on ebay....we agreed on 30k..it took him 2 days to end the auction..meanwhile other people were bidding on it..I made a bid of 40k, and thats why it was up so high....youll see me in your rear view till my light goes green...hehehe

Even though it's only a Supra, I'll put in a plug for my favorite method of shipping cars: ROAD TRIP. Fly to SD and take delivery, and then drive it back to SLC. There's nothing more fun than a long trip with a nice car on some empty desert roads.

OK, well there are some things more fun, but it's still pretty fun.

-Bob

so what made you take a Supra over a NSX?Please don't say money was an issue because I know it was not. I have been looking into either buying a supra or NSX for about two months now and I am more for the NSX now. I just want to know what made your decision.

Back