• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shipping Time?

Just got word that our '05 is on the boat and on its way here. Does anyone have any clue how long that normally takes?

Ryan

30-35 days is a safe bet.

30 days is about right.

I was told mine was "on the boat" back on June 20th and it STILL isn't in San Diego yet...let alone florida.

This is so great! I'm excited for you. Please take and post pics as soon as you put on that room full of parts! :smile:

We got a VIN # on the new one late last week and the it finally appeared today on the Acura NSX Locator - I guess it's in the country and on its way!

nsx-in.jpg

Ryan

RyanITV said:
We got a VIN # on the new one late last week and the it finally appeared today on the Acura NSX Locator - I guess it's in the country and on its way!

nsx-in.jpg

Ryan

Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy feeling to know that somewhere out there there is an NSX, packed on a boat with a bunch of its friends, wondering where it is going.....only to have you giving it a warm welcome and a home on our shores. Congrats. :)

CONGRATS.

I got my VIN # last week also, and just checked the NSX locator and mine's also showing as being at my dealership.

I bet ours were on the same boat, they told me it got off the boat in San Diego on Tuesday the 23rd. I'm supposed to find out an update tomorrow on where it is now.

What number's yours? Mine is # 173

Mine's #170... let me know what you find out; my contact at the dealership is out tomorrow and I forgot to call and bug him today.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Mine's #170... let me know what you find out; my contact at the dealership is out tomorrow and I forgot to call and bug him today.

Ryan

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. My salesman never called me Tuesday. I called him yesterday and then he finally got back to me late last night to tell me that that haven't heard back from their Rep im CA yet on if the car is still there or on a truck.
He told me he would let me know something for sure either late today or tomorrow night at the very latest.

Have you found out any details yet on where yours is now?

I checked in today and they're saying it's due to them on 9/19, but he'll run a check tomorrow to make sure. You're probably about the same time, as we're both east coast...

Ryan

Have you had any new word on your car yet?

They're saying by the 12th - should show up anytime. I'll be able to drive it for all of 7 days over the next month between installing the go-fast parts and the 2 weeks or so it'll take to get all the bodywork done.

How do you like yours? We loved the color on our blue '04; only reason we went white with the new one was to do the NSX-R thing.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
They're saying by the 12th - should show up anytime. I'll be able to drive it for all of 7 days over the next month between installing the go-fast parts and the 2 weeks or so it'll take to get all the bodywork done.

How do you like yours? We loved the color on our blue '04; only reason we went white with the new one was to do the NSX-R thing.

Ryan

I love it..... the only thing that sucks is the only time I got to drive it was on the way home from the dealership.

After I got home and cleaned it, it started raining and it's been raining on and off since and I don't really want to drive it in the rain so it's just been sitting in the garage. I haven't even got to take any new pics of it since it's been clean. They're saying it's supposed to rain ALOT for about the next week because TS Ophelia is sitting off the coast and not going anywhere. :frown:

I love the color too......until I picked it up, I had never seen the blue in person before. Pictures definitely don't do the color justice.

I have to admit that I love driving mine in the rain... once I hit 50MPH, the rain barely even touched the windshield in most conditions. :)

Congrats, though - enjoy it!!!

Ryan

RyanITV said:
I have to admit that I love driving mine in the rain... once I hit 50MPH, the rain barely even touched the windshield in most conditions. :)

Congrats, though - enjoy it!!!

Ryan

Didn't your mechanic enjoy doing that too?

He sure did - but I know better than to do a hard 1-2 shift on a narrow road with the TCS off! :biggrin:

Ryan

RyanITV said:
He sure did - but I know better than to do a hard 1-2 shift on a narrow road with the TCS off! :biggrin:

Ryan

That's good because if it happens again, you won't be able to order another one. :smile:

Nah, but at least GPW is a hell of a lot easier to colormatch than the blue tri-coat!

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Nah, but at least GPW is a hell of a lot easier to colormatch than the blue tri-coat!

Ryan

True. And I guess if it does happen again, then you wouldn't have an excuse not to strip the entire thing down, paint it Championship White and do a hard top conversion.

The scary part is, with less than 1000 miles on the thing, it gets tons of paintwork:

Front Fenders (shave US lamps, add JDM lamps)
Quarter Panels (shave US lamps)
Headlights (GPW inside)
Hood (Procar, paint top GPW)
Roof/Pillars (Berlina Black)
NSX-R Spoiler (Berlina Black)
NSX-R Wheels (GPW)
Mirrors (Replacing with Berlina Black OEM units)

Only the bumpers, rockers, doors and trunk remain untouched.

If it were a 2002, I would have sprung for the CW paint, but with it being brand new, the above is close enough. Technically, you can get an NSX-R in any color (and even with airbags/stereos), so...

Ryan

Here's the latest arrival - new power seat rails (NSX-R/NSX-S) for the custom Status Racing carbon-kevlar/red alcantra seats I've got coming:

nsxseatrails.jpg

Ryan

Can't want to see it complete. Do have a ETA for the pictures :smile: Looks like you have everything except for the carbon trunk.

gtr said:
Can't want to see it complete. Do have a ETA for the pictures :smile: Looks like you have everything except for the carbon trunk.

Should be done by the end of October. No carbon trunk on the NSX-R:

nsxbody.jpg

Ryan

Back