• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shipping your NSX to NSXPO '04 from LA or Phoenix?

OK everyone,

We are getting down to the point where commitments need to be made if you are planning to ship your car to NSXPO '04 in Watkins Glen NY (October 7th to 12th) from either LA or Phoenix. :cool:

I have spoken to a couple of Enclosed Transport vendors (Select 1 and Pilot Transport). They have quoted me between $6700 and $7200 each way FOR THE WHOLE TRUCK (Based on a single pickup point in the LA area, routing through Phoenix for a Pickup and then direct to Watkins Glen) The trucks will hold a maximum of 6 NSXs (safely). The truck would pick the cars up on or about 9/30/04 at a single location in LA and a day later in Phoenix. The cars would arrive in Watkins Glen on Thursday 10/7/04. The cars would be picked up for return on 10/13/04 and arrive back in Phoenix on 10/19/04 and LA a day later (note: these dates are subject to change pending final arrangements).

As you may or may not know I am planning to drive my NSX one way (out to Watkins Glen) and ship it back. :) So, in my ideal world, the truck would have 5 cars total leaving Phoenix and 6 cars returning (mine being the extra car coming back). :p If we can get 6 cars that want to go both ways I can arrange for my car to be shipped separately. You can do the math and determine the cost for each car (for 5 out and 6 back it is between $1340 and $1440 going to NY and $1116 and $1200 returning).

I will be the point of contact in the LA area and Chris Wilson will be the Phoenix point of contact

As I mentioned the time is getting short, so I need to know A FIRM COMMITMENT by this time next week (8/30/04) and I will expect a 50% non-refundable deposit by 9/6/04! So IF YOU ARE SERIOUS about shipping your car to NSXPO please respond ASAP! :eek:

Thanks

The Northeasterners used Intercity last year to get from NY/PA to Cali and we paid $1143 per car each way filling the enclosed transport with 6 cars.

hi Bob -- Thanks for the tip. I know the truck lines have increased their rates recently due to diesel costs; however, I'll phone them for a quote. Look foward to seeing the NE crew soon.

Cheers,
-- Chris

RSO 34 said:
The Northeasterners used Intercity last year to get from NY/PA to Cali and we paid $1143 per car each way filling the enclosed transport with 6 cars.

Back