• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

short oil filter...

Search is your friend. :biggrin:

I've been using it since they stopped making the long one. The filtration will be the same but for a shorter period of time. Most owners change the oil more frequently than required anyway , so it shouldn't matter.

thanks everyone...the reason i ask is last night i drained it all, went out this morning to put on the new filter i have, and it was a short one...i dont feel like waiting so it went one (good enough for honda....)
just wanted everyones .02

the problem with search is you and i may not use the same text, resulting in different results,

and i have never seen the issue with over disussing thing....someone might not have known about this (me) and not even know to search till it was too late (me).
had i seen one of the many many posts(which there are not that many) i might have been aware...

kinda lame that its been that long since an oil change :biggrin:

Using the short oil filter is fine for your NSX. I wouldn't worry much about mechanical issues w/ it.

The only issue with the short oil filter is mental/ego - most guys don't want to admit that they have a short one. :tongue: :wink:

I bought most the local long filters so I only use longgggg:biggrin:

Which helps a lot. FWIW I am going with the Beck/Arnley filter. They are available at Rock Auto for $7.50 each.

I bought a case of the Beck Arnley filters, they're actually slightly taller than the OEM long filter (I have placed them side by side), and they are all black, not blue as in the picture. The filter works fine on the nsx, I have one installed on my 1991.

I intend to cut this filter apart next oil change, to verify the internal components are similar in build and quality to the OEM filter. I feel this is necessary before recommending this filter, as the one thing I noticed was the weight difference between the OEM tall filter and this slightly taller filter - the OEM filter weighs nearly twice as much as the Beck Arnley, despite being nearly 1cm shorter. This could be a difference in the gauge of the external casing, or it could translate into a greater filtration media surface area.

I bought a case of the Beck Arnley filters, they're actually slightly taller than the OEM long filter (I have placed them side by side), and they are all black, not blue as in the picture. The filter works fine on the nsx, I have one installed on my 1991.

I intend to cut this filter apart next oil change, to verify the internal components are similar in build and quality to the OEM filter. I feel this is necessary before recommending this filter, as the one thing I noticed was the weight difference between the OEM tall filter and this slightly taller filter - the OEM filter weighs nearly twice as much as the Beck Arnley, despite being nearly 1cm shorter. This could be a difference in the gauge of the external casing, or it could translate into a greater filtration media surface area.

Please DO share!! I just bought 5 of these but will toss them if they are no good. Thanks.

Back