• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I buy another NSX

Yup, I'm thinking of buying, yet ANOTHER NSX!

If so, my 02 yellow/black may be up for grabs.

2005 Blue/Blue JH4NA21695S000221 with 30k miles.

The color combo is really not my favorite, but I do like the rareness.

They want $56995. Carfax is clean, but its spent time in Illinois, Minnesota, and NY...snow????

Thoughts???

I know need4speed was a previous owner.

JH4NA21695S000221_2.JPG

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JH4NA21695S000221_10.JPG

Last edited:
I liike the blue exterior but that blue interior will take YOU some getting used to. Since you change NSXs like you change underwear - almost, kinda sorta, you get my drift - I believe you will get tired of it faster than the yellow black.

But your policy seems to be sell and drive and sell and drive - with the emphasis on buy/sell. I know you like NSXs but it's the deal thing .....man you must either not be able to keep em or you just like having different colors all the time. Not sure I understand the logic but whatever turns floats your boat. I think you are a wheeler dealer - that happens to like NSXs. But that's your business and I hope it works out for you! At least you've chosen a wonderful car to buy and sell! Happy trails Joey!

Thoughts???

IMHO, obtaining a '05 LBBP is a great buy. The color looks fantastic in person and honestly that blue interior isn't that bad. I've seen it once, and was pleasantly surprised. Worse case, you can always swap out the seats for aftermarket DF, Bride, Recaro, etc. Spa Yellow is nice, but LBBP is hotter. Might be a more difficult choice if you had the Rio, which I think is much more of a vibrant yellow.

The blue with blue interior is my dream color combo, and it is ultra rare. The blue interior actually makes the interior seem like it belongs in a 90K car.

Have you seen the blue interior in person?

I've seen em all in person - and the yellow, orange and blue interiors have to grow on you - well let me rephrase - they would have to grow on me! That would be something I believe would get tiresome for me after a while - probably a short while. I like subtle combinations and colors that don't scream at you - these colors, and not unlike some of those Porsche colors of yester year, do kind of stand up and demand attention. Fine for some, glad the world is a place full of diversity but for me it's just too loud. I like the early yellow paint and not the sparkle yellow so much - the orange IMOLA body color is absolutely stunning to me (in the right light) so it just depends. Personally I would like the lappis or imola or early yellow with a black interior and maybe the blue with tan - but even the tan - looks best in white or black or red or brooklands green - everything else should have a black interior if I was doing the buying. Maybe linen/ivory in the blue....that would be nice! Again my opinion and that may only work for me.

Yup, I'm thinking of buying, yet ANOTHER NSX! Thoughts???
yes, you should... and perfect timing, because i'm putting my car up for sale in 2 weeks. i realize mine is an underwhelming black on black 91 - and it's in snap ring range w/no hints of issues - but it does only have 40k miles and comes w/a (fairly) new clutch and ctsc :)

yes, you should... and perfect timing, because i'm putting my car up for sale in 2 weeks. i realize mine is an underwhelming black on black 91 - and it's in snap ring range w/no hints of issues - but it does only have 40k miles and comes w/a (fairly) new clutch and ctsc :)

Say it ain't so - what gives- why are you selling? Tired of NSXs? Want something faster or newer?

Assuming the car checks out nicely, I'd sure be tempted. Last year, and LBBP to boot - it doesn't get much better than that.

I've only been an NSX owner for about 8 months, but had I done it over (knowing what I know know, and how much I love this car) I'd have looked and waited for something like this - knowing its more $$, but in the end well worth the extra $$.

Good luck, and keep us apprised of your decision! Jay

Say it ain't so - what gives- why are you selling? Tired of NSXs? Want something faster or newer?
yes, it's true.

truth be told, i really don't drive much anymore. i'm semi-retired and when i do drive, it's usually local and < than 5 miles. for those runs i prefer driving one of my motorcycles or riding my bike. if i'm driving longer distances like hauling ken, josh and me up the coast for diving or my wife and me to tahoe for skiing, etc, we'll take the yukon or prius.

seems unlikely after i sell this one that i'll buy another, but stranger things have happened.

hal

Not sure about IL or NY, but here in MN, I don't believe that car ever saw the snow. The road conditions can be so bad that cars like the NSX are virtually guaranteed to be packaged away for winter. So I don't believe that this car has seen the elements here in MN, but I'm not 100% certain of that. Just stating that the vast majority of the car sof this caliber are stored away for winter so the issue of salt exposure & corrosion are non-existant.

If I recall, I saw this car at Acura of Bloomington after need4speed got rid of it. The one thing that I recall was that it had an aftermarket stereo (double DIN) & subwoofer. It seems that whoever purchased it afterwards, returned it to stock (I think).

I actually liked the exterior color, but for me personally, the interior color was a little bit tough for me to warm up to. If you've never seen this interior color before in person, I would recommend that you do so prior to delving too deep in negotiations.

Not sure about IL or NY, but here in MN, I don't believe that car ever saw the snow. The road conditions can be so bad that cars like the NSX are virtually guaranteed to be packaged away for winter. So I don't believe that this car has seen the elements here in MN, but I'm not 100% certain of that. Just stating that the vast majority of the car sof this caliber are stored away for winter so the issue of salt exposure & corrosion are non-existant.

If I recall, I saw this car at Acura of Bloomington after need4speed got rid of it. The one thing that I recall was that it had an aftermarket stereo (double DIN) & subwoofer. It seems that whoever purchased it afterwards, returned it to stock (I think).

I actually liked the exterior color, but for me personally, the interior color was a little bit tough for me to warm up to. If you've never seen this interior color before in person, I would recommend that you do so prior to delving too deep in negotiations.

Thanks for the info on the stereo. In one of the pics, it looks as though an amp is sitting on the floorboard of the passenger side. I asked the dealer and they didnt know much about it.

I think for now I'm going to pass. I know a lot of people love the Blue, but I actually like my yellow better. IMO it just shows the line better and gets looks from a mile away.

Who knows maybe tomorrow I will change my mind.:biggrin:

You do buy a lot of nsx's lol. I dont think I would trade the one you have just for a new color. Maybe if it was a 01 to an 02-05 but not just for the color. Plus yellow is cool.

Have you seen the blue interior in person?

Having owned my '02 Blue/Blue since new, the blue interior did not really require any 'getting used to'. (but that's just me).
IMO I like the blue interior (with the blue exterior) more than black or tan interior.

Just my .02

Having owned my '02 Blue/Blue since new, the blue interior did not really require any 'getting used to'. (but that's just me).
IMO I like the blue interior (with the blue exterior) more than black or tan interior.

Just my .02

I am agree with you Wagyshag, the blue interior did not really require any 'getting used to'. My car is blue/blue '05, and all interior light bulbs are blue LED including tachometer.

You are known for Make'n Moves...

Blue is a pretty color... the blue interior may take some getting use to...

Maybe just go with Vinyl wraps to change the color once a month or so.

The Yellow is HOT and the Blue is COOL :cool:

Maybe it comes down to which car is nicer?

- Rod

Pardon the slight tangent here, but I see where a lot of NSX folks point to a color or exterior/interior color combo as contributing to "rarity". Colors can be changed, and it is such a personal preference anyway. The NSX is a very rare car in general, and that definitely contributes to the appeal, but does the "only ### color X with X interior were produced in <year>" really matter?

Not to me. If there was one Mauve car with a Chartreuse interior made in 1993, that wouldn't make me any more interested in it.

Now something like a post 94 coupe for those that prefer coupes, that would be a different story. Opinions?

all interior light bulbs are blue LED including tachometer.

Niiiiiice!!!! :biggrin:
that is cool -
have any pics ?

Thanks for the info on the stereo. In one of the pics, it looks as though an amp is sitting on the floorboard of the passenger side. I asked the dealer and they didnt know much about it.

I think for now I'm going to pass. I know a lot of people love the Blue, but I actually like my yellow better. IMO it just shows the line better and gets looks from a mile away.

Who knows maybe tomorrow I will change my mind.:biggrin:

if this car is at Danbury Mazda my friend saw it about 6 wks ago , he called me and told me the car was on the front lawn ,it was raining , and it looked like a ECM laying in the pass. compartment , (whats with these guys,most expensive used car they have and this is how they show it)

Back