• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Showstopper 92 All White NSX for Sale.

Well guys.... we all knew it was coming. I have a baby due in August and have to put the NSX up for sale. Maybe I will be able to pick another one up someday in the near future.

Most of you on the board already know about my NSX, have seen pictures, and know the condition it is in. Most NSXers in the SoCal area have seen this car in person and can vouch for how beautiful and clean it is. The car is covered in Zaino and the white paint is so bright it can be blinding in sunlight.
biggrin.gif
The car was featured last month on the cover of NSX Driver.
Below is a link to pictures of my NSX. http://www.nexttestdrive.net/ilyapics/
(Big thanks to Scott of Nexttestdrive.net for hosting these for me).

The car has 94K miles on the odometer and I am asking for 33K FIRM. Before you decide to pay less for a 92, look at the services and condition below. My 92 NSX is in better condition than almost any early coupe I have seen with half the miles. In addition, all the services below, which need to be done on early models, will add up to at least $3000.
The clutch job and timing belt alone approach that number.

Timing belt and Water pump - DONE.
All Coolant Hoses replaced- DONE.
90K mile service- DONE.
Valve Adjustment- DONE.
Snap Ring Fix- DONE.
Brand new tires.
Brand new rotors and brake pads.
Clutch done less than one year ago.
Oil changed every 3K miles, Redline ONLY.

All services done EXCLUSIVELY by NSX Modified. Almost nobody touched this car for service but Larry Garcia during my ownership.

In addition, the following services were done during my ownership.
-Intake manifold, injectors, and all misc. parts dissasembled. Thoroughly cleaned, inside and out, including injectors.

-Transmission case disassembled and all parts cleaned and reinstalled.

The interior of the car is near flawless and has been mistaken for new on many occasions.

Below are a list of modifications. They are all minor and tasteful with no change to the motor of the vehicle.

-RM Intake
-Dymag 17/18 Magnesium wheels, powdercoated
white to match car. Lighter than Technos.
-Powerslot rotors (Brand New)
-Porterfield brake pads (Brand New)
-Polished intake manifold
-Kumho tires (Brand New)
-Red silicone hoses
-Polished engine bits
-Dali front air deflectors
-DC Sports carbon strut bar
-Dali street sway bars
-Eibach Springs
-Covered in ZAINO!
-Gruppe M shift knob
-Alpine LCD Video Screen
-Alpine surround processor
-Alpine 12 disk CD Changer
-MB Quart 6.5" woofers
-Kicker 10" sub

Prefer buyers in the Southern California area. I understand how anal many are when purchasing an NSX and want the potential owner to see the car, in person. I want to show every little flaw and rock chip before you make a purchase decision.

If you are in SoCal and considering an NSX, don't cheat yourself and see this car. It is absolutely beutiful in person. The red and chrome motor is so nice behind the glass, it attracts the attention of everyone passing by.

BTW- Please ignore the picture of the motor on the linked site. It was last year before I personally polished all of the visible parts and made more changes. If you think it looks nice there, the current motor blows it away. I will post better soon, but until then you can see the new motor in the 2nd picture down through the glass.

Feel free to call (310-721-3163) or email
[email protected] to talk about the car I am selling. I will be happy to answer all of your questions.

Note: I also purchased a full, 7 piece aluminum dash kit recently, but did not yet install. I will include with the car when purchased.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 03 June 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 05 June 2002).]

I guess POS Geocities went down again. It does that when too many people try to access a site. It will go up again in an hour or less. It may be up already.

No, I have the white Magnesium Dymags now. Sold the Lowenharts a while back. I couldn't believe how much nicer it looks with white wheels.

Also, I forgot to mention a couple more mods on the car. It also has the Dali street sway bars and Eibach springs.

This IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR. I don't know Ilya, and Ilya doesn't know me, as I didn't get a chance to meet him yesterday at the NSXPrime Canyon run... so in an unbiased opinion... this is just a beautiful car!

I would buy this car in a heartbeat if I had the extra 33K!

Hey, Your Avitor is great. Just a though, but can the pic be enlarged and printed on the back of a T-shirt. I'd buy one in a second. Just think, you could have George Bush, Ralph Nader, Al Gore, or anyone else. You just might be able to sell enough to make a few bucks. Good luck with the car sale.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I couldn't sell the avatar shirts for profit because it uses Dr. Evil which is not my property. Oh well. At least it's gotten around the Internet quite a bit.

Lots of interest. Everyone who has seen it has really liked it, but I doubt how serious most of the buyers have been. Why spend time and look at the car if you can't afford it?

My baby was born a week ago so it's 33K OBO now.

Congrats on your son. You should get a pic of him when he gets a few months older and insert a NOS bottle in his arms like a security blanket. Like father/like son and keep going till ya get a girl. Hope you sell the car soon.

Im very interested in the car, but I have to sell my Type R first...so I guess no need to work out any details until I can take a loan out.

Hopefully my R will sell soon and your car will still be available.

Ilya,
I am a relatively new member but I have enjoyed your postings for quite a while. Your car is beautiful. I'm sorry you are selling it but a new baby for an NSX is a fair trade in my mind.

Ilya,
Did you get the tubi exhaust or the taitec on the past group buy for the tubi?
I need your opinion on the exhaust
smile.gif

No. I've heard the Tubi in person both inside and outside the car. It sounds great, but that's all opinion. One FACT is that it is absolutely beautiful!

I've only heard the Taitec once or twice from outside. There are threads you can search for with tons of info on the Taitec exhausts and also the ScienceofSpeed website.

No luck on the ebay auction. I guess that is where people go for bargains.

This is turning into a 'how long does it take to sell a clean NSX' joke.

This car is for sale for 31K. Rock bottom. No negotiations. Car is still in perfect mechanical condition with 96K miles. Please do not call unless you are serious and have the financing ready.

I know your NSX is clean and well taken care of and many people know/respect you on here...but I think the reason you didnt get any bids is the price due to your mileage. $31 even with the extras you have seems a "tad" high for an NSX about to top 100,000 miles.

Just my .02 cents which probably doesnt add to a whole lot.

If your car had 50-60,000 miles I would be all over it. White is bad ass!

------------------
00 ITR #671. For Sale.
92 Civic CX (daily driver)

Looking to buy an NSX soon, but have to sell the Type R first!

Originally posted by RatedR:

Just my .02 cents which probably doesnt add to a whole lot.

Actually RatedR, it adds quite a bit.

Absolutely NO disrespect to Ilya and his pristine car (I saw it in person) but the high mileage does factor into the level of desirability.

I know the added features are a big plus for this car, but if you step back and look at it at a glance, it is still a 10-year-old car with almost 100,000 miles on it.

$31,000 is a bit steep IMHO.

I'm sure it will move VERY QUICKLY at a little under $30,000. But I know that Ilya just had a baby and can understand that he doesn't want to sacrifice too much.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 10 September 2002).]

Back