• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side Skirt Sill Clips - Alternative Sourcing?

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]While fitting a set of new Downforce Stacy side skirts in preparation for being painted this week I found the prior owner had evidently lost a few of the side skirt sill clips that hold them into place (OEM# 71807-SL0-000). My local dealer wants $11.08 each for these and even online they're still going for ~$8.00 each, so the cost for a few of these relatively insignificant fasteners adds up real quick.

I've spent the last several hours searching the web and prior NSXPrime posts looking to see if this particular faster is used in other applications (i.e., Honda) under a different part number without much success. I've found a few that appear be similar in size and appearance, but even a millimeter or two of difference could make them unusable. So before I pony up a ridiculous amount of money for a handful of plastic I wanted to check and see if anyone has found alternative sourcing for these clips that for sure work on an NSX? Thanks in advance for any input.
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Clip.jpg
    Clip.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 400
***UPDATE - REPLACEMENT FASTENER FOUND***

Before spending nearly $100 on a handful of plastic clips (which I intended to do this afternoon) I decided to stop by our local Honda dealer to look at some similar body molding fasteners I found online (Honda# 91513-SM4-000). The Honda clips turned out to be identical to the Acura ones I needed, which I later verified with both calipers and by test fitting into my NSX. The white one on the left is the Honda part (~$2) and the black one on the right is the Acura part (~$11). I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Honda Clip.jpg
    Honda Clip.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 370
I went to Honda for the little rubber stoppers (mushrooms) on the pedals in the cockpit that actuate the brake lights, clutch engage, etc...

Back