• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side vents.

Hey guys,
As I'm running Angus's turbo kit I need to bring more air the rear wheel mounted intercooler.
I will run some piping from the side vent and to the intercooler, so I have "extended" the side vents with an aluminum piece I made. I will probably get some one to make it out of carbon or fiber glass.

Check the pictures I have attach from my phone using tapatalk and comment your thoughts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370749172.420380.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370749273.873825.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370749291.491463.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370749340.841177.jpg

Thanks,

-MSR

Looks good. How do they attach though? I may be interested in making a run in cf. but more importantly for you, do they work?

Also what kind of iats are you seeing?

Actually they look like the df nsx-r ducts if it's the entire side vents anyways.

Last edited:
MSR - keep in mind the wheel well is a high pressure area. It's not as easy to "force" air into an already high pressure area. You will yield significantly better results by finding a way to vent out (thru rear extractor ducting for example) the high pressure from the wheel well.

Sdufasss there are attached with 3m tape. They aren't going anywhere.
Can't remember out top of my head my AITs but they're always have been bad after a couple laps. The ic wasn't meant to use at the track.
It's better now that I spray meth but if I could bring more air to the ic, I would be happy.
The downforce one just sticks out a bit and it's pretty short.
This one comes forward half way the vent and sticks out about 2". the best is that it flows, the bad is that I don't know how to carbon fiber or even fiber glass and the aluminum I used is not very flattering. But I could send you the template and the already made piece if you want to take over and make pretty... How I see it in my head !!
I'm adding a close upImageUploadedByTapatalk1370753615.190013.jpg

Ryu, so even by running a pipe from the vent to the back of the wheel would work? It'll have to above the wheel liner.

Not another "Vent" thread!

vent 1 (vnt)
n.
1. A means of escape or release from confinement; an outlet: give vent to one's anger.
2. An opening permitting the escape of fumes, a liquid, a gas, or steam.
3. An opening that allows air, gas, or liquid to escape from a confined space.

intake [ˈɪnˌteɪk]
n
1. a thing or a quantity taken in an intake of students
2. the act of taking in
3. (Engineering / Mechanical Engineering) the opening through which fluid enters a duct or channel, esp the air inlet of a jet engine.

:wink:

Vent!

I like it. it's almost ford GT'ish looking and not as aggressive as the spoon GT ones.

Back