• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*sigh* wife pissed off again.

Amateurs

Scenario: Want new exhaust

Solution: Next service – honey I need to take the car in for service, honey the dealer has found a problem with the car and unfortunately it is not covered under warranty and its going to cost $4000 to repair and the part is hand made overseas (try to hold the smirk back) and wallah you have an exhaust :)

Amateurs

Solution: Next service – honey I need to take the car in for service, honey the dealer has found a problem with the car and unfortunately it is not covered under warranty and its going to cost $4000 to repair and the part is hand made overseas (try to hold the smirk back) and wallah you have an exhaust :)

+1

Stuff is always breaking on my cars. I must have the worst luck in the world!

;)

+1

Stuff is always breaking on my cars. I must have the worst luck in the world!

;)

This is my method!! I told her that my "factory" Supercharger is blown and that it is cheaper to buy an aftermarket one rather than an OEM unit.

EZ solution. Just make loads of cash and it becomes moot!:biggrin:

google-cash-lg.jpg

Being honest with your wife is a lot cheaper than the divorce that could eventually follow if you are not. Additionally, it is not a bad thing to have a car budget to keep things in balance.

EZ solution. Just make loads of cash and it becomes moot!:biggrin:

google-cash-lg.jpg

well, the cash isn't the problem. she never even noticed the $3000. It was the "charge" onthe CC that she noticed. I was able to get my aftercooler, billsteins, defi gauges, and FJO wideband without her noticing...

The major issue with the cash solution (or paypal) is that since the vehicle is a business expense, I don't want to lose my tax deduction over quibbling with the mrs...I know i can declare it at the end of the year, but it's less to remember if i just stick it on my business card.

Amateurs

That's a good one...or use this ....

honey I need to take the car in for service, honey the dealer has found a problem with the car and unfortunately it is not covered under warranty and its going to cost $4000 to repair and The factory part cost more than the aftermarket part....so I'm going to get the aftermarket part to save some $$$$

That's a good one...or use this ....

honey I need to take the car in for service, honey the dealer has found a problem with the car and unfortunately it is not covered under warranty and its going to cost $4000 to repair and The factory part cost more than the aftermarket part....so I'm going to get the aftermarket part to save some $$$$

Yeah, but I'd say the less info the better. Don't "explain" it as being cheaper. Just bitch and moan about how the dealer is ripping you off and how expensive a new part is. Then you finish off with "I should just buy a newer NSX that won't break and will be covered by warranty" hehehe

Heh, if I tried the 'repair' thing with my wife, she'd complain that the car was unreliable and that I should get rid of it and buy a Toyota.

She noticed on my credit card statement (a seperate card from hers) that I spent $3000 on my new rs6. Now i'm under strict instructions (after an ass chewing) that I can't spend more than $1000 without consulting the administrator of the treasury (that would be her). Now i'm wondering how i'm going to sneak my DP+ exhaust past her...at $4000.....

ahh. sheeit.

lol..... here's how you handle it.....

what's something she'd love to have ? hmmm..... thinking a NICE! (I mean NICE* restaurant === less than $3grand for the meal but more than $2.00 ;) ) ... Dress up handsomely (*very* important) and have fun with her. I can almost guarantee a fair trade on this one ;) Best wishes!

DAMN - I guess I am just lucky. I told my wife I was looking at the GT3 or a F360. She said - get the Ferrari. I ended up getting the GT3 and she was disappointed that I didn't get the Ferrari.

Then I told her it doesn't make sense to keep the NSX and the GT3 and she says - "You can't sell it. If we can afford then keep it.":biggrin: - Am I lucky or what.:biggrin:

GOOD!!! (and smart!) Woman :) But you shoulda' got the Ferrari hehe ;)

Yeah, but I'd say the less info the better. Don't "explain" it as being cheaper. Just bitch and moan about how the dealer is ripping you off and how expensive a new part is. Then you finish off with "I should just buy a newer NSX that won't break and will be covered by warranty" hehehe

Oh, boyz, no no no. Be honest (but that was a good one) ;) Just be real (being handsome doesn't hurt.... neither does being Romantic!) :biggrin:

Being honest with your wife is a lot cheaper than the divorce that could eventually follow if you are not..

:wink:

Last edited:
Come on guys, am I the only logical person here?

I live by the 1/3rd rule and consult the Gods of Louis Vuitton during times of need.

Consider this:
p10022844_ph_hero.jpg

Your safety umbrella can be purchased for a mere $620.00

And if you are feeling very adventurous, I can PM you the contact info for Mr.Wu in Chinatown; he will sell you this purchase for half the cost. However, he is very mobile and by appointment only. :biggrin:

Disclaimer: If you are going with the latter, I am not respondsible for any harm, slander, or bitching that may occur.

Hope this helps,

- Otoro

Until she checks out your posts on Prime:wink:

Did you notice he is from DC? :biggrin:

Some of you guys crack me up with the responses. There is no way I would ever ask my wife or any of the girls I dated in the past permission on how to spend the money I earn...AND... if they had anything to say about how I spent the money I have earned I would throw them out on their ass before they finished their sentence. I would also expect the same if I questioned them on how they spent their money.

Come on guys, am I the only logical person here?

I live by the 1/3rd rule and consult the Gods of Louis Vuitton during times of need.

Consider this:
p10022844_ph_hero.jpg

Your safety umbrella can be purchased for a mere $620.00

And if you are feeling very adventurous, I can PM you the contact info for Mr.Wu in Chinatown; he will sell you this purchase for half the cost. However, he is very mobile and by appointment only. :biggrin:

Hope this helps,

- Otoro

LOL!!! you're a trip. no LV is better than a night on the town with a hubby that is looking sharp! and showing adoration .....

and eeks!!! c'mon While I LOVE CANAL STREET you truly *! cannot think you can pass a fake! for *real...... now now.... ;)

I have one word for you, "CASH". :wink:

Otto

Cash is King :biggrin:

My wife and I are pretty fair with each other, If you can't afford to buy it you can't afford to charge it.

tha'hand...

... Some of you guys crack me up with the responses. There is no way I would ever ask my wife or any of the girls I dated in the past permission on how to spend the money I earn...AND... if they had anything to say about how I spent the money I have earned I would throw them out on their ass before they finished their sentence. I would also expect the same if I questioned them on how they spent their money.
The smartest reply to the original post, IMHO...
icon14.gif

Have one of your wife's girlfriend tell her that guys do two things during mid-life crisis, either cheat or play with sports cars. She will pick the second choice without hesitation.

Some of you guys crack me up with the responses. There is no way I would ever ask my wife or any of the girls I dated in the past permission on how to spend the money I earn...AND... if they had anything to say about how I spent the money I have earned I would throw them out on their ass before they finished their sentence. I would also expect the same if I questioned them on how they spent their money.

Really? Wow that is pretty interesting. I do not think I would want to be in a marriage like that. But to each their own. I hope that works out for you long term.

Tell her it's better to be pissed off than pissed on. :biggrin:

Really? Wow that is pretty interesting. I do not think I would want to be in a marriage like that. But to each their own. I hope that works out for you long term.

We have been together for 10 years and married 2 years. So far, so good. Renee makes her own money and I make my own money. There is no reason our money needs to be combined when we both make just about the same amount. Of course, if there is a situation where my wife needs extra money or I need extra money from her, we are always there for each other. There is just no need to control each other's spending habits when neither one of us buy anything extravagant without purchasing it together, 50/50. Nothing wrong with that. She likes having her financial independence and so do I. In the 10 years of being together, we have never had an argument over money.

well, our agreement works as follows.

1:peiserg makes as much money as he can

2:peiserg gives it all to the wife (unless i can sneak some off to buy toys like supercharger for nsx)

3: wife puts up with peiserg

4: peiserg whines on nsxprime about not having money to spend

honestly i don't know how a marriage can work if either person is unwilling to compromise on money, which is the largest source of fighting in most marriages according to relationship experts (whoever they are). Lucky for me rosy is not a spender. at all. still clips coupons, mail orders her clothes to save money etc. So having her control the money is great as far as I'm concerned. drove her civic for 15 years, refused to buy the lexus i urged her to get when she sold the civic, opting for the much cheaper TL. and it isn't like we'd have to struggle to pay for either one.. she just hates spending $ unneccesarily. lucky me. woot!:smile:

Best reply so far! I am married and don't feel that I should have to ask for permission whatsoever. She complained about the NSX at 1st and was very angry...I told her to get over it, it's my $$$, and if she didn't want to stay here she could leave! Now she asks if she can drive the car to work or the store. :smile:

Sounds like some of you guys didn't go to the "sharing" seminars back in grade school. :tongue:

Personally I prefer to treat my wife as a life partner rather than an at-will- employee, but different arrangements work for different couples.

(In any case, my wife and I don't ask each other for "permission". Instead, we discuss with each other whether certain purchases make financial sense and take each others comments into consideration before committing to buying big ticket items. The good thing is that she is a car nut too and she doesn't get pissed off if I spend money on the cars...now, if I don't get her flowers on special occasions, that's another story :wink: ).

Last edited:
Back