• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sighting: pre '02 berlina black

The Northern State Parkway in Long Island is newly paved. I mean like a week old. So Sara and I decided to do a little exploring. :biggrin: Lo and behold after reaching the end, getting gas, then turning around to go back home, I see a familiar silhouette, and the tail lights are unmistakable.

I pull alongside an almost mirror image of my car. Except it is immaculate, fresh from the detail shop even, pre '02. I lower my window and say hi to the couple in the car, both parties with a crazy look of surprise and delight on our faces. But the light changed, and I had to go, probably more from embarrassment than anything. Sara was pretty scruffy looking, much like her owner at the time. :redface: I promptly gave her a wash when we got home.

So the question is, who was that couple?!? And almost as important, what was the dual tip exhaust you have on your car?!? It sounded great!

Hi Caustic-

That was me! :D You looked very familiar...I thought I recognized you from the River Run, but I couldn't be sure. My wife actually suggested we take the car out for a long drive today. We went from Port Washington to Port Jefferson via 25A, my usual route.

Also, I usually hit the Northern State to get home, but today we avoided it because I thought the construction was still going and my last drive had about 5 miles on tore-up asphalt @ 65mph = not good. I ended up doing Rt. 25 home. My wife actually said "geez I hope he doesn't scratch the NSX up on the gravel!" Thanks for the compliment- we both thought your car looked great too and I mentioned to my wife that your car is what I really want mine to look like (though the flip-ups are starting to grow on me...) :) I use Jetseal 109 sealant twice a year and keep a coat of Chemical Guys 5050 paste wax on at all times. To be honest, all I did today was just wipe down the pollen with some Meg's quick detailer before hitting the road. Berlina Black is the WORST color to keep clean, but this system lets me stay on top of it pretty easy.

My exhaust is a RM Racing DTM Quad Tip. It is sold today as the B&B Tri-Flow. I LOVE it. Dude it was so awesome seeing you- we were in shock too and smiling the whole way home- always great to see another NSX out driving!

Paul

Hi Caustic-

That was me! :D You looked very familiar...I thought I recognized you from the River Run, but I couldn't be sure. My wife actually suggested we take the car out for a long drive today. We went from Port Washington to Port Jefferson via 25A, my usual route.

Also, I usually hit the Northern State to get home, but today we avoided it because I thought the construction was still going and my last drive had about 5 miles on tore-up asphalt @ 65mph = not good. I ended up doing Rt. 25 home. My wife actually said "geez I hope he doesn't scratch the NSX up on the gravel!" Thanks for the compliment- we both thought your car looked great too and I mentioned to my wife that your car is what I really want mine to look like (though the flip-ups are starting to grow on me...) :) I use Jetseal 109 sealant twice a year and keep a coat of Chemical Guys 5050 paste wax on at all times. To be honest, all I did today was just wipe down the pollen with some Meg's quick detailer before hitting the road. Berlina Black is the WORST color to keep clean, but this system lets me stay on top of it pretty easy.

My exhaust is a RM Racing DTM Quad Tip. It is sold today as the B&B Tri-Flow. I LOVE it. Dude it was so awesome seeing you- we were in shock too and smiling the whole way home- always great to see another NSX out driving!

Paul

Yeah, the NSP East was still being worked on unfortunately. I hit that 5 mile stretch you were talking about. No gravel, but I was going 40 mph. Even the slow drivers were pissed off. But heading back west was awesome. I love new roads.

Berlina Black is sooooo difficult to keep clean, but it's so worth it on a bright sunny day! It's just beautiful. Your wax maintenance has payed off if you ask me.

It was awesome seeing you too! It is so rare (more than rare, like never) for me to see another NSX moving amongst other cars. Its a great reminder for me of just how ridiculously sexy the car looks, and how much it looks like NOTHING else on the road.

Back