• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silent Auction, Limited Edition NSX Book autographed by Mr. Uehara (Mr. NSX)

As some of you maybe aware back in November, Bram attended the NSX Fiesta in Japan to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the NSX. While taking in this once in a life time experience, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. Shigehara Uehara, the Chief Engineer for the development of the NSX (also S2000, Integra Type-R, NSX-R), and had Mr. Uehara autographed one of our limited edition hard-cover NSX book. This unique item is now available for silent auction until August 19. All proceed goes to the NSXCC club reserve to fund future activities.

To place a bid, simply email [email protected] with your name, email and maximum bid. With this being a one-of-a-kind collectible item, we have set a starting bid of $150.00 . Auction ends Friday August 19 at 7pm.

Happy bidding

P1050397-1.jpg

P1050399.jpg

P1050400-1.jpg

Last edited:
That is quite a find. The original press release for the automotive press signed by the man himself.

You are right Sean. This is absolutely a rare find. The book itself is already a limited production (70-80 copies) published by NSXCC back in 2008, then you have it autographed by "The Man" himself. So it's a definite collectible item.

Just so people are aware, this is NOT a replica of the original silver/black book some of you are thinking of. The silver/black was published by Honda bearing a 1990 copyright. It was given to prospects and intended to be the NSX sales brochure, even though it's a hard cover book. It's about 50 pages (not numbered) and has less text and detailed description and more glossy picture. This book is common and was available brand new for $20 as late as 2001 or 2002, and now mostly available on marketplace for $100-$125.

DSC01860.JPG

DSC01862.JPG

Last edited:
Some more background information:
In November 2010 at NSX Fiesta in Japan, Honda hosted a welcoming party for all foreign attendees to NSX Fiesta, this event was held at the Honda Welcome Center in Tokyo. This event was attend by folks from Canada, US, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Belgium, and other European countries, with some Presidents from the local NSX Clubs. This event was a great opportunity to meet and chat with NSX owners from around the World and some of the Honda Executives, Engineers that design and worked on the NSX project.

Mr. Uehara was also at this event, and we spoke at length with respect to the NSX and some of the challenges that he faced leading this project. With any “Big Halo” type project there are numerous challenges to overcome, however, the one that was most vivid in his mind, was the cost of development of the NSX. At this point I show him this book, which he carefully leaf through page by page and just smile…I asked if he could sign it, he said with pleasure. Later that night I presented to him a Gift on behalf of the NSX Club of Canada and its members.

I have some pictures of the Event that I will add to the post tonight.

Bram

Hey very neat item...so is this a replica of the original press release sent out to i guess automotive journalist?? what is the current bid on the item? do we have to email to find out?

When you email and advise your maximum, we will indicate if you are the high bidder or not. We plan to provide weekly update to the post on highest bid, so people may raise their offering if they so wish.

This is definitely one-of-a-kind item. Good luck to all.

Bump. Any winner yet?

This rare collectible autographed by Uehara himself is still up for grab. Someone bid above $400 so we can keep this in Canada please.

Last edited:
We have a new high bidder from BC at CAD$450. Looks like we have a chance in keeping the book north of the border.

Two more days left so all you last min bidders please be mindful of the auction deadline at 7pm EST this Friday August 19th and submit your bids. Good luck to all.

I can honestly see this thing selling down the road for some big dough if the first owner is ever crazy enough to sell it.

Yeah, the buyer should put the book under glass.

Dont take it into the can!!!

I see a missed opportunity to post something about Stu taking Mr.Uehara to the can.

That book and autograph is amazing! What a collectors piece! I have quite a few Integra Type R pieces and some autographs from Realtime Racing but this takes the cake. Wow. That really is awesome.

I’m so happy that this Book went to someone that appreciate the rarity of this piece of NSX History, with amazing content highlighting the Development of the NSX and being signed by Mr. Uehara too.

More importantly, it remains in Canada!

Enjoy Bram

Back