• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver 1999 BMW M3 STOLEN at Gunpoint 4-5-07 LIC # 5RYA008 VIN# WBSBG933XXEY82556

Silver 1999 BMW M3 STOLEN at Gunpoint 4-5-07 LIC # 5RYA008 UPDATE 4-08-07

I know this is not NSX related but all eyes are needed.

Well this is not a good night. I was about a mile from home in a parking lot with people around having coffee and coming in and out of shop at the stripe mall. Two keep it short I was approached by two Spanish guys one pulled a gun choked it and said give me your keys. I did he than said give me your cell phone and off thay went followed by a blk truck. Thay stole my 99 M3.
I am scared, nervous and very shock up. Police have already come and gone and I am alive. Thank god. I live in a very nice area but I have learned a long time ago crime is everywhere and tonight it was my turn.
I was at gunpoint. It really is not a good feeling.

If anyone see this car in the LA area its a 99 M3 with the carbon fiber wing and clear lens and a light tent all around. It has or had AC split 5 spoke rims. Please just call the Police and stay clear. As I did. I can be reached at 818 266 7774 only asking you guys to stay on the lookout. As felt tonight life is golden respect it.

LAPD contact Bob Grant 818 8343158 Anyone feel free free to post this anywhere lets help others stay safe.

LIC # 5RYA008 VIN WBSBG933XXEY82556
If anyone can get this info over to other website related to BMW that would be great. bimmer .org. BMW club etc, Email me and I will send you pic, to upload.

2:am I can’t sleep all I can do is write on forms, posting here and on Criaglists to do something to make me feel better.

UPDATE 4-08-07

I just wont to give a big thanks to all of you who have taken a moment to read about what happen to me. I am OK, thanks to friends and family. I was unable to express to many detail after it happen but some of you figured it out. Yes I was set up by what the PD and I believe to be Simi pro car thief gang. That got an order for either parts from my car or the whole car and this guy was not going to go with out it. That evening a 8pm I meet them in a crowded parking lot with people coming in and out of store and others setting around having coffee. I showed them the car and went on a test drive within minute the guy asked if the car had lojack or any other tracking system on it. I don’t now why but that question made me very uneasy (alarm 1). I speeded very quickly back in the direction of the parking lot where we had meet up but before we got back he asked if I would dive down this other street to test the bumps (alarm 2) I said no I don’t feel comfortable driving down a street with someone I don’t know. So at High speed I continued over to the parking lot parked got him and I out of the car and tried to end this by telling him OK I got to go things to do, He was trying hard to keep me there but I reached for the door and at that moment he said I am taking the car as he pulled out his shirt and a black gun. He choked it in my face and said I taking this car and told me to give him the keys as I slowly moved back. He than said Give me your cell phone. I did, as he had my stuff he than ask that I don’t walk one way but walk the other way I did and after getting fare enough away I heard the car start I turned as he left followed by a black truck.
I write all this because many have and will sale cars or something in the future. I often pick up used parts not knowing where I am going. I have sold over 30 cars to private parties, But it takes only one gun held to your face in a public parking lot to make you rethink how you go about it. I hope that by sharing my event with everyone it will make you take precaution to maybe prevent this happening to you. But as I have learned if thay wont it, thay will take it, Be smart give it up, its only a car. And you will thank god you did after there gone. Now I think back to what other precaution I could have taken beyond meeting in a public place.
A few tips are make sure you are not calling a person back on a pay phone number. Ask for a second number. Meet in a place that has security cameras in the parking lot and inside the store. I will now ask that you fax me a copy of your drivers Lic#. Why not I would I have nothing to hide. The dealers do it before letting you go out in a car. Bring a friend and consider meeting in the PD parking lot. Maybe add a kill switch that would only allow the car to get a few mile away and in would die, Thay do sale a device like this already.
Lojack is always a great option. I hope other will add to this list and we can all be a little safer dealing with the unknown.

Attachments

• DSC_9606 (Small).JPG
    DSC_9606 (Small).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_9603 (Small).JPG
    DSC_9603 (Small).JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_9608 (Small).JPG
    DSC_9608 (Small).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Re: BMW STOLEN at Gunpoint 4-5-07 LIC # 5RYA008 VIN# WBSBG933XXEY82556

Dear God. So awful. You absolutely did the right thing and let the car go. I wish you and all that love you peace.

I'll print a picture of the car and carry it in mine for a week or so.

Glad you are ok....cars can be replaced but you can't.

By the way which mall were you at?

Wow, that's scary.

Glad you are ok though. Hope things work out

The thieves have your address from you vehicle registration. You should do extra security on your home or apt. if that's where the car was registered.

Update on first post. Please read and thanks for the support.

This was an event that can effect anyone that dose car stuff. I dont care where you live. I hope the admin, considers moving this back to the General area so more can be protected by the info, in the future.

Back