• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver/Ivory on Ebay....is it real??? JH4NA1154MT001061

Looks real to me, but thats from what I can see. I don't think you can tell from looking at the VIN either. Maybe you can ask for the Interior Code in the door jam?
Z

Hey Lud - you have a great eye as I couldn't see anything obvious from the small pictures. What did you see that was terrible - or have you seen this car before?

if you look at the pic of the passenger side, you will see 4 shades of paint colors that are all not the same. The nose is the worst followed by the passenger door. Maybe that's what Lud meant, or he could have been talking about the misaligned nose, or.....................
Aaron

As AaronR mentioned, there are all kinds of different silver colors going on and a badly misaligned nose. There are other panel misalignments as well, most obviously the hood in relation to the headlight covers. I bet a good picture of the area under the front hood would be interesting. If you click on "supersize" for the bigger pictures the crooked panels are easier to see.

Lud said:
if you look at the pic of the passenger side, you will see 4 shades of paint colors that are all not the same...

Lud said:
...there are all kinds of different silver colors going on and a badly misaligned nose. There are other panel misalignments as well, most obviously the hood in relation to the headlight covers...

I do agree that the hood looks misaligned, but it appears the discoloration in the picture is a function of the quality of the photo, rather than an issue with the paint on the car -- it's too obvious a discoloration on the car. I would be surprised if a prospective seller would sell it with such a major flaw.

Regards.

Stickers can be replaced.

I've seen plenty of silver NSXs in pictures. The mismatched colors in these pictures are consistent between photos from various angles, so I doubt it's just the camera or lighting or jpeg quality or whatever, but hey. Paint issues would be towards the bottom of the list of my concerns on that car anyway. There is more misaligned than just the hood, that's just the most obvious...

I agree with NSXaholic, misalligned hood I will give you, but the mismatched colors is stretching it a bit. That's what silver paint does in daylight, but then again, it could be completely off too and you wouldn't know until you saw it in person. It may drive like crap, but other than the hood and all things considered, it doesn't look that bad, but I would still never buy a salvaged title vehicle. I'm sure it will make some buyer happy, but not this buyer. To each his own I say and if you know going in you are purchasing salvage title and can live with it, go for it. Just don't expect to get much when you try to sell it. I bet even a salvaged NSX would still drive better than anything else in its price range.

Just was peaking at ebay and noiced that the car was at $30,100. For a salvaged 91 nsx, with over 100k miles, poor quailty rebuild and although it is a sebring sliver (assuming they used the factory color) i think that is a lot of money and am surpised to see the bids so high.

Back