• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Single Din Flip out screen

Hey there all...

I know that most people go for a double din navi set up if they are going after market and I just havnet seen many single din flip out installs...

I am wondering if anyone has done the single din flip out install before and if so if there are any photos...

I know the single din flip out seems outdated however I had a friend that works in the industry and this was a deal that I couldnt pass up...

The unit is a AVN7000 and its pretty decent for free :) but I am looking at teh install options on this so any help and advice would be appreciated...

I really dont like the thought of cutting into the trim and all i have seen are thread about double din installs and double din unit trims but are there any trims tailored to a single din install???

Thanks in advanced...

the reason everyone is going double din is
while the Flip up screen is out the screen blocks
the a/c vents, and you will then only have the door hitting you.
here in Florida or anywhere that you need your A/C to Survive LOL you will miss those center vents.

yeah you can make the screen go back inside. but then why not just stay with a single din radio as your not really gaining the touch screen/ pop out screen anyway since it needs to be tucked in to get to the ac controls/ and air flow from the vents.

just my opinion

you can get a nice doubledin JVC or sony for around 500 bucks well worth it i think.

It doesn't matter if you're going single or double din, you're going to cut into the center console trim to make it fit. You can install a single din player using a double din bracket (SOS sells them).

I would sell the OEM console and then buy an already cut one from SOS for less and you can make a profit

cuz the OEM console are hard to find other than paying the dealer a

crap load of money for one. 1500 bucks i think

I think the single din flipout blocks the A/C controls more than the vent. You still should get plenty of airflow out of the vents (remember that the console is angled back). It might not blow directly on you, but the flow will still cool the cabin. .

Anyway, as stated before, your best bet would be to get the Single DIN console and mounting bracket from SOS.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Downforce/center_console/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ScienceofSpeed/stereo_bracket_kit/single_DIN/

Back