• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sky diver survives!

holy $#!T!!!:eek:

remind me to never jump out of a perfectly good airplane....:redface:

Vid doesn't work for me - anyone else able to view it? Maybe it's just as well. :biggrin:

The article states that he was introduced to skydiving at a 2-week course here in FL. It wouldn't surprise me if the school was Skydive Space Center. I've jumped with other skydiving centers but gone with these guys on 4 occasions, the latest being their new 18k ft jump and have never been with a more professional group of jumpers. I highly recommend them... if you're nuts enough to try it. :wink:

Fwiw, the only moment of sheer terror comes when you're at the door, ready to jump. Once you're "flying" - well then it's too late to change your mind so you might as well enjoy it!

Those guys were on the news last week. Pretty incredible that he lived and that he's going to jump again. :eek:

If the orig. vid doesn't work for you... try this.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kszrmKU6BKM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"><object height="350" width="425">

Re: Yeah, that was a doozy !!

remind me to never jump out of a perfectly good airplane
We skydivers have a little saying
"There are no perfectly good airplanes" :wink:

Seriously, this was a rare equipment malfunction that prevented him cutting away (releasing himself) from the main canopy fro a clean reserve deployment. The reserve did not fail, it just never had a chance to inflate properly with the main still up there. He was indeed lucky to survive. For skydivers out there who want more details, go here

This reminds me of the saying "Those who survived really enjoyed it".
Thanks for the video - another confirmation that I shouldn't skydive. :smile:

Back