• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slight pull when accelerating

I feel a very slight pull to the left when I accelerate hard (not WOT). It's not very noticeable but ever so slight. The car is new with only 1000 miles. Is this normal or does anyone have the same experience? I'm assuming if there was an issue, some type of engine light would come on.

When I go hard on the gas the car will break loose to the left

As soon as I lift off the throttle, it straightens right out

Is it a slight pull that will increase with steady throttle application, not a hard stomp on the throttle?

Can you feel the rear of the car trying to correct the pull?

When you lift off the throttle how does the car behave?

It's an odd feeling due to the electric motor assist with the front wheels.

Last edited:
It doesn't continue to pull, just an initial pull when I accelerate. It's not that noticeable but I can feel it. The pull is extremely slight. I thought it might have something to do with the electric motors. It only happens when I'm cruising and step on the gas. It is an odd feeling that doesn't bother me, just want to make sure it's normal.

That just sounds like the transfer of weight towards the rear axle, I don't think you have a problem. My situation made the car undriveable over 40mph and the car pulled into the next lane if you didn't correct it quickly.

Back