• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Small scratches in door handle

I just got my NSX washed today and i noticed that in the little indent where you put your hand and then pull on the handle to open the door has small scratches. And I was unable to rub them out. the only thing I could think would cause this is from my finger nails when they're alittle long, but I can't understand why it would scracth the paint.
Does anyone know what causes this and how I can get out the scratches?

Dan

Oddly this is one of the easiest places on the car to clean and always seems to buff out nicely. It almost seems as if this area has the heaviest coat of paint. Is your car a darker shade? I noticed a lot of fine scratches in this area and the pillar piece that separates the passenger windows from the rear window when I first got my car.

I got great results with Zaino #5 Swirl and Scratch Remover where they're nearly undetectable now.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-5&Category_Code=Zaino

This is pretty common. I can only imagine that it's from people opening the door - either with jewelry (?) or maybe just from wear due to fingernails, etc.

Try a product that is a polish and mild abrasive, like Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 or Meguiars Scratch-X, which you should be able to find in any well-stocked auto parts store. Keep in mind that you will be buffing down the actual paint, so don't buff it any more than you have to.

When you're done, wax over the area with your favorite protectant product.

You can always just tell people that each scratch there represents yet another time the NSX helped you score.

*grin*

Back