• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport

I just purchased one for around $2k (yea I know the price is high) but since all these new gun control bills that are being introduced there's been a run on the market.... this is what it comes with:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_757785_-1_757784_757784_image

6 Magazines
100 rounds of 5.56x45 55 grain ammo
AIM Red Dot Sight
Magpul Vertical Foregrip
AIM Tactical Flashlight
Factory Box & manual
Barrel & Carrier supports both 5.56x45 / .223 ammo (most AR's only support .223)
Gun Guard Rifle case...

I also got the AIM quad rails to mount all the above to the rifle... considering this is peak pricing how do you think I did? I know I should have bought one a year ago when they were a fraction of the price... :redface::frown: but I'm excited and can't wait and considering all the extras I think I did OK - thoughts?

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the price jump...I was in the market for a ak-47 type rifle for something that shoots 7.62x39. Looked at an mini 30 and decided not to buy when a older gentleman came up to me and said "I bought one of those for 300 new!" The price was over 750.00+ not including taxes and fee's.

It sounds like you got a pretty good deal compared to prices I have been hearing lately. I recently bought the M&P 15 TS with five 30 round mags, Aimpoint Pro, Laser and Light for $2,150.

Hopefully there will not be an Executive Order to take these away from us!

I've been thinking about unloading some of my stockpile I have in the safe. At this point it seems guns are a good investment point just like when they banned full autos it 86. Im just waiting to see if its going to peak before I sell.

They will never ban them completly. If anything they will only ban future manufacturing and sales and all current rifles already sold will be grandfathered in.

Last edited:
Why don't you guys get a Noveske.... considered to be the best AR15/10 maker that the Black Water folks depend their lives on?

Furthermore John Noveske passed away on the 4th (not wearing a seatbelt in a single car accident).

Noveske's are a little pricier than most ARs and there's increased demand on top the already present firearm "Banic." I ordered a 7.62 AR10 from them the day before I read he passed. With any luck, it'll arrive before my children retire.

I heard the gun show was RIDICULOUSLY crowded last weekend. 3hr lines just to get thru the registration table.

I hope you're hoarding some assault rifles for me too!

waiting to enter line from a gun show in cali:
5EC38B32-2194-43FD-8B06-9B1576FC600C-489-00000034E6BAF472.jpg

Hoard the ammunition, rather! Well, until the panic does down.

I heard the gun show was RIDICULOUSLY crowded last weekend. 3hr lines just to get thru the registration table.

I hope you're hoarding some assault rifles for me too!

I'm sure you meant ammo. And NO I'm not hoarding any for you, just myself. I stocked up way before all this mess:wink:

Last edited:
Its best to build an AR yourself for under $700 and not have to worry about registration.

How do you do that? Explain....thks:cool:

80% lower receiver $80
upper receiver $100
gas tube $11
gas block $20
charging handle $15
Chrome lined 16in barrel $135
lower parts kit with magpul grip $65
magpul butt stock $50
buffer tube, spring, buffer, end plate $30
Bolt carrier group $125
mid length free float $55
arms back up sights $40
mock silencer $25
Total = 751
I could of done it with cheaper parts.

80% lower receiver

I need some enlightenment on this.

If it's 80% then it's not considered to be a legit gun, right?

if that is the case will it:

1. be part of the Ban?
2. Not regulated to buy?

I just want to get a lower before any potential ban takes place and worry about all the rest of it at a later time....

- - - Updated - - -

I just purchased this one:

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddetail.php?prod=MPA930SST-X

It's a bad ass mo fo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My local gun shop ordered it and I had it in 10 days. Can't wait to conceal carry it.

I just saw this at my local california gun shop (of course in semi hard:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qAje5WkWcWE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Taken from the site www.tacticalmachining.com

An 80% Receiver is a partially completed piece of material that requires special tooling and skills to be completed and considered a firearm. Unlike a firearm receiver it is not required to be transferred through a Federal Firearms Licensed holder (FFL).

Legalities
A lot of questions have been raised about how our 80% AR-15 Lower Receivers can be considered non-firearms. We've received a determination letter from the ATF stating that the ATF does not view this as a firearm because to complete the receiver it requires specialized skills and tooling.

Do I need an FFL to make a firearm?
In a short answer, no. As long as you can legally own the firearm in the state, county and city you reside in you are allowed to manufacture a firearm for your own personal use. No serial number is required however it is suggested to engrave a serial number, model and manufacturer on your receiver in case it is lost or stolen.

20130112_140721.jpg

Here she is - nothing mounted to it yet just sitting next to it......

Last edited:
Whoa, you bought that in L.A.? Thought only fixed mags were allowed here. Interest piqued.

not quite in LA but yea it'd be a tall order to find an AR now.... they're all gone and so is the ammo... :(

No dust cover on the ejection port?

Nah you dont need it - even if you're crawling around in the sand and dirt hardly anything gets in there... You can always add them but I've heard ppl say that you really dont need it.... cant wait to take it home but also need to find a good source of ammo so that I can shoot it! hah

I've been thinking about unloading some of my stockpile I have in the safe. At this point it seems guns are a good investment point just like when they banned full autos it 86. Im just waiting to see if its going to peak before I sell.

They will never ban them completly. If anything they will only ban future manufacturing and sales and all current rifles already sold will be grandfathered in.

The part that you have to be careful for is that some are calling for no transfer of grandfathered firearms. So that means if you have been collecting then your values go to $0 over night. I've been closely watching this market and it really seems that it has hit a peak in terms of firearms.

You should get this before they are banned. I have one on my AR-15 and love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f7OCnrrpk

http://www.slidefire.com/

Slidefires are a pretty cool novelty item, they definitely will not be legal forever. If only Feinstien knew you were using one in her state, LOL!

Back