• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smoked by a GT2!!!

Fanman said:
In asking the question would you take a 911 over an NSX.
Most of us could have had a 911 (at least, a NA one) instead of our NSX. A lot of us have driven the NA 911, and some of us have owned them. But we all chose the NSX instead.

Of course, this is an NSX forum, so you would expect it to be biased in that direction. A Porsche forum would give you the opposite response.

However, I would be willing to bet that the percentage of NA 911 owners who have driven and/or owned an NSX is pretty darn small. Perhaps not so small for the turbo versions, since those are more apt to be considered a step up from the NSX.

You can read some comparisons of driving the NSX with various Porsche models in the Reference section of the NSX FAQ.

Lazarus said:
Don't feel too bad, I just got blown away by a Lamborghini today. Not sure what model that was...:D

LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Alright, that's it I'm never going to open this forum again. I might catch another one of these jocks and die from laughing

Lazarus you are hence forth given the Noble Prize for making people laugh.

P.S. you just pray this doesn't reach a Lamborghini forum, or you'll need to be on the witness protection program.

Zanardi 50,

Very Mild! Spoon Ecu, K&N. Bought it such. I haven't done anything to it yet.

The other thing I would like to share is, here (Malaysia), is not what u drive, its how u drive. We got inconsiderate freaks on the road. Bunch of them.

did it look like this red ball of fire???:eek:

Attachments

• gt2.jpg
    gt2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 955
nsxtasy said:
[I would be willing to bet that the percentage of NA 911 owners who have driven and/or owned an NSX is pretty darn small. Perhaps not so small for the turbo versions, since those are more apt to be considered a step up from the NSX.

The original owner (for 10+ years) of my 92 X traded it in on a new GT2. I don't have $200K for a car, but I gladly took his sloppy seconds for around $30K:D

Lazarus said:
Don't feel too bad, I just got blown away by a Lamborghini today. Not sure what model that was...:D

The Lambo is sneaking by you on the dirt.

Attachments

• bull 1.jpg
    bull 1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 865
NetViper said:
I don't think a 9lbs comptech SC would be a match for a GT2. That thing is hella-powerful. I think the only real competition would be a a GJ Turbo or FX500. Even then, I don't know if they could match the overall package the GT2 offers.

Overall package would spell "road course" performance to me...and yes, several simple suspension/rolling stock components would have to be modified on the X to match the GT2 in that reguard...

However, the FX400 would easily MATCH the GT2's straight-line prowness as 400-420RWHP in a 2980LBS (91-94 NSX) would be more than enough...

The FX500 would simply walk (or RUN rather) away from a GT2 like a JOKE in the straight-line. You're talking about over 500RWHP in a 3000lb car buddy. FX engineering got 11.4@123MPH out of their package with traction issues (in the desert air**)on 9PSI out of 14 that the kit is designed for (detuned 80RWHP basically) A fully tuned FX500 is simply way too wild for a GT2 anywhere near stock*

BTW, isn't the FX500 essentially the same kit they tuned up to the 650RWHP level with a little more tuning & boost !? :eek: Expensive but "some things are worth the price" - Acura ;)

Having said all that.....YES, I would take a Stock GT2 over any stock or mildly modded NSX. (Modified an X to the point where you'd have more IN the car than a modded GT2 including the price of the GT2....meaning basically an F40 killer while blowing you in the drivers seat...and I may reconsider ;) ...lol

nsxtasy said:

However, I would be willing to bet that the percentage of NA 911 owners who have driven and/or owned an NSX is pretty darn small. Perhaps not so small for the turbo versions, since those are more apt to be considered a step up from the NSX.

You can read some comparisons of driving the NSX with various Porsche models in the Reference section of the NSX FAQ.

Never read that in the FAQ before, funny......I turned away buying a C2 for the NSX. Two years later after the fact, I'm seriously considering and have been looking for a TT for the past month. The FAQ and you are correct!!

Reasons for GT2's Cost

An awesome car...

With a warranty!

I was smoke by a red GT2 as well. Kinda funny because he let me tailgate him for a while and I was going quite fast then suddenly he smoke me. Surprised me so I asked my friend how much power does it has and he said more than 350BHP and its turbo (cheater).

Jin1976 said:
I was smoke by a red GT2 as well. Kinda funny because he let me tailgate him for a while and I was going quite fast then suddenly he smoke me. Surprised me so I asked my friend how much power does it has and he said more than 350BHP and its turbo (cheater).

The GT2 is actually rated at 483bhp.

456 hp

nsxtasy said:
As previously noted above, the North American version is rated at 477 hp.

Very few of the GT2's are the 477 hp version, as they were only increased very recently, and the sales of the GT2 have always been very limited, but even more so now with the new 997's coming out. In 2004 there has been a severe cutback in both 911 TT coupe & GT2 production because of the shift in production for the 911 TT convertible. Probably 85+% of the GT2's are the 456 hp version (though many are modded), but that's nothing to sneeze at either, and is competitive with all but the most elite cars in the world.

Last week I was SMOKED by this car... I wanted to complain here but I let it go... :p

IMG0007.jpg

I am not joking: I WAS SO SURPRISED when it passed me, it seemed to move in fast-forward move! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know what, a mildly modded Evo or a WRX Sti can smoke a stock NSX easily. Let alone a GT2!!

But I still love my NSX. A car that'll never grow old.

To put things in perspective... stright line performance is not something many european or japansese cards can really compete on.. when looking at mods..

if you really want to go fast.. and i mean really fast, you need CID.. yup.. good old displacement... sure you can put boost into an NSX.. but you can put the same boost into a v8 with double the CID and get a whole lot more power

Look at this example
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=786457

Yes. that's 10.47 @ a whopping 140MPH.. thats FAST... and that'll smoke a GT2 on 1/2 throttle - lol. for a whole lot less $$ than either of our NSXs or porche's..
(this vette is a supercharged Z06 running 638 ft/lbs of torque to the rear wheels). this is not abnormal for high CID F/I vettes.. the new '06 vette is 400hp/400 ft/lbs out of the chute.. probably will have a 500hp N/A (stock) version shortly thereafter...

BUT - having said all that... i'm not a vette guy... i still love the 'x'
(though i wish honda wouldn't have gotten cheap on a few things.. like the brakes).

gheba_nsx said:
Last week I was SMOKED by this car... I wanted to complain here but I let it go... :p

I am not joking: I WAS SO SURPRISED when it passed me, it seemed to move in fast-forward move! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Wow! I wish I could see a Zonda on the road... I wouldn't want to race him though.. I would just want a ride :)

My eyes squeezed outside my head... I simply followed the car until I could... going away from where I was driving to. Then he entered a building :( .:p

I also planned about camping there and wait but I went away. :D

PS: ANYWAY I AM STILL PISSED THAT I WAS SMOKED BY THAT CAR! ;)

gheba_nsx said:
PS: ANYWAY I AM STILL PISSED THAT I WAS SMOKED BY THAT CAR! ;)

Well, considering it weighs like 300lbs less than the NSX and has 285 MORE HP, I think you are going to need to spend some serious cash to not be pissed anymore :)

I wonder what it must be like to be a Pagani-owner.

Owner: "Oh, I had a great drive this afternoon."

Friend: "Really? What kind of car do you drive?"

Owner: "Pagani."

Friend: "No, I'm not asking you what you had for lunch. What kind of car do you drive?"

Owner: "Arrrrgh....it's a Zonda!"

Friend: "Oh! A Japanese car! You mean like an NSX??"

Owner: *smacks forehead*

91 X said:
did it look like this red ball of fire???:eek:

That's not a GT2 it's a 996 TT with a Techart body kit.

If you're going to talk about modding cars I just spent less than $6K on mods for my 996TT and dyno'd at over 450hp to the wheels. I also have a 6lb Comptech NSX and I'm sorry, but there's no comparison in performance. The Porsche is a rocketship. I wouldn't want to give up either car though. I love them both.

SCS2k said:
That's not a GT2 it's a 996 TT with a Techart body kit.

If you're going to talk about modding cars I just spent less than $6K on mods for my 996TT and dyno'd at over 450hp to the wheels. I also have a 6lb Comptech NSX and I'm sorry, but there's no comparison in performance. The Porsche is a rocketship. I wouldn't want to give up either car though. I love them both.

If you spent only $6K to get 450 RWHP from your 911TT, why does the X50 package, that only makes ~450 HP at the crank cost $23,000???:confused:

Canadian ?

NetViper said:
If you spent only $6K to get 450 RWHP from your 911TT, why does the X50 package, that only makes ~450 HP at the crank cost $23,000???:confused:

Is that cost in Canadian $ ? In the US it is $18K for the X50 package, but Porsche is notorious for massively overcharging on it's options. The X50 does have new, larger turbos swapped out (K16 to the K24's), but in general for about the same $18K you can get 640+ hp at the aftermarket tuners. You got to love turbos !

Lazarus said:
I wonder what it must be like to be a Pagani-owner.

Owner: "Oh, I had a great drive this afternoon."

Friend: "Really? What kind of car do you drive?"

Owner: "Pagani."

Friend: "No, I'm not asking you what you had for lunch. What kind of car do you drive?"

Owner: "Arrrrgh....it's a Zonda!"

Friend: "Oh! A Japanese car! You mean like an NSX??"

Owner: *smacks forehead*

ROFL ! That's a good one! :D

Back