• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

so how many of you own or have owned a MK2 MR2??

I've talked to a few NSX owners and when it came to talking about daily drivers or past cars, the majority that i've talked to say they have a MK2 MR2 or have owned one in the past. I've been looking at pics and signatures on this site and see that some of you guys have a MR2 as well. "Baby Ferrari" "Mini NSX" is just a few things that people have called it hehe.. I myself have a MK2 MR2 and its a daily driver.. I love the car to death.. I'm more attached to that car than the other 2 more expensive cars.. Its just plain fun!! Just checking to see who else has one or has had one in the past and their opinion on it :)

I wanted to learn how to work on cars so I purchased a '91 NA to experiment on as I did not want to experiment on the NSX. A year later, I bought a extremely mint '91 Turbo. They were wonderful cars to drive, especially the NA, although I hated the shift mechanism with a passion. In the end, I sold both cars and went the Miata route. I actually feel that a Miata drives more like an NSX than an MR2 (rev happy, flatter torque curve). YMMV

I have owned a black 91 and someone rear ended it..so I purchased a silver 91 turbo..loved that car. Still remember some guys in a pickup truck asking me if it was a ferrari. I modded the heck out of it to get about 340 horsepower and took her up to 156 mph...what a blast.. eventually after many years of abuse I blew a piston ring...deformed 2 pistons. It smoked really really bad burning oil..so, me and my buddies bought a product called 'smoke-be-gone' and poured it in to seal up the oil leak causing the smoke. I carefully drove it to the dealership and traded it in for a 95 Supra.

Miss those carefree days with the 3sGTE.:cool:

I'm proud to say that I own the rarest of the rare - the '95 turbo in mica metallic green. It's my third MKII turbo - I guess i can't get enough of these things... mine's tastefully modded as well - 308whp @ 16psi. 19psi isn't a problem, but I haven't dynoed it at that boost. It officially went for sale on friday (think i finally found the right NSX), and I know I'm gonna miss it quite a bit.

you will miss it, but will be in love with the NSX now..definitely a step up and more addicting IMO..I just beg for good weather on the weekends to take her out for a sprint.

95Mr2Turbo said:
I'm proud to say that I own the rarest of the rare - the '95 turbo in mica metallic green. It's my third MKII turbo - I guess i can't get enough of these things... mine's tastefully modded as well - 308whp @ 16psi. 19psi isn't a problem, but I haven't dynoed it at that boost. It officially went for sale on friday (think i finally found the right NSX), and I know I'm gonna miss it quite a bit.

Any pics of that sweet 95? :)

yea here ya go:

also, i noticed that you have my exhaust - thanks (even though i sold my 1/2 of Butterfly Performance a year ago :)

DSCF0041.JPG

yea... the numbers i have are:
353 or 373 1995's imported;
57 in mica metallic
3 remain that i know of - someone told me thirteen, but i dunno how he'd know that?!

I owned a 91 modded MR2 turbo. I loved it. Hence my screen name. Both the MR2 and the NSX were dream cars for me as a kid. I had my fun with the MR2 and now have my NSX. It is a little funny to some because my NSX is completely stock while my MR2 was heavily modded. I may have given up some speed going with the NSX but it's no slouch. They are simliar but different cars. Both enjoyable in their special ways. One day I hope I can find a stock 95 MR2 to add to the collection. I just love these cars.

Attachments

• my mr2.jpg
    my mr2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Never owned one but am currently looking for one as my next project. Its extremely difficult to find a black MKII MR2T that hasn't been beaten to hell.

My 93 Turbo :)

Attachments

• front shot1.jpg
    front shot1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 299
Owned 3 MR2's, along with 3 NSXes. I missed my first one the most. It is a metallic silver that didn't come with no spoiler, pw, pl, or anything in that nature. Basically, it was so nice and sweet. Too bad, it was gone after some fun. My last MR2's were not as well maintained or loved by me like that one. One day soon, I will have another MR2 just like that, and another NSX for both me and my fiance.

nik3sgte said:
I owned a 91 modded MR2 turbo. I loved it. Hence my screen name. Both the MR2 and the NSX were dream cars for me as a kid. I had my fun with the MR2 and now have my NSX. It is a little funny to some because my NSX is completely stock while my MR2 was heavily modded. I may have given up some speed going with the NSX but it's no slouch. They are simliar but different cars. Both enjoyable in their special ways. One day I hope I can find a stock 95 MR2 to add to the collection. I just love these cars.

Are those supra wheels on your MR2 nik3sgte? If so, did you have any fitament issues when mounting them on the Mr. 2?

nik3sgte- i have a friend that used to have the exact same car as yours.. same wheels and wing with the body kit etc.. just curious if u maybe purchased it from a guy in North Dallas? :) I'm sure there are many others withsame mods so i could be wrong!

HKSboosted2 said:
Are those supra wheels on your MR2 nik3sgte? If so, did you have any fitament issues when mounting them on the Mr. 2?

The rims are 93+ Supra Turbo, 17". They had to narrow them by a 1/2 inch. I thought they looked great. They ran a strong weld bead around the inside of each wheel. I was able to run 275 rears :)

Bobby C 01TA said:
nik3sgte- i have a friend that used to have the exact same car as yours.. same wheels and wing with the body kit etc.. just curious if u maybe purchased it from a guy in North Dallas? :) I'm sure there are many others withsame mods so i could be wrong!

The original owner was from Texas. His name was Brad Bedell. The car moved around from Texas to California and then to Tucson. I sold it to a guy in Green Bay and lost track of where and how it is doing. Sometimes I do miss the car.

Here's a picture of the custom exhaust manifold done by RPS in CA. I loved this part. A little shaky but its the only one pic I can find. A turbonetics TS04 was attached.

Attachments

• mr2 #04 resize.jpg
    mr2 #04 resize.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 276
Ya I figured it was Brads old car.. TD06 and all.. i remember it from the mid 90s.. he is the MR2 guru.. built himself a solara v6 motor and added a supercharger to his MR2... and he made a regular V6 for his wife.. painted both cars in his garage// yellow and blue:eek:

MR2 Fan

MR2 good.
NSX great..

Loved my MR2!
Passionate about my NSX!!

Attachments

• mr222.gif
    mr222.gif
    89.2 KB · Views: 210
I am always amaze at how good looking the one piece spoiler, 15 inch wheels all around, and Ferrari-style light in the rear of the 94 and up MR2 help make the car looks so attractive. Remember that most of us own the 91-91 models.

Back