• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So I got pulled over today

I had the NSX out today, gorgeous day, top off, coming back from my Sunday morning tennis game up in Bedford. Coming down the road doing less than the limit in traffic, I take the left turn on to the entrance ramp of 684 as I take the turn, I get lit up. I look in the rearview mirror, it's a young officer, hands on his hips and that insidious smile. I really knew that I had done nothing wrong, and don't know how he could've seen that I didn't have a front plate as he was behind me. He walks up to the door and says "do you know why I pulled you over?" I answered honestly, "no officer, I don't have the slightest clue". He said; "because I love your car". We spoke for about 10 minutes, I told him about Kid's Day, and NSX Prime, about the great group of people I've met throught the car. He said that when his kids got older, this is the car he wanted. He also complimented the color (sorry Bob). Before I pulled back onto the entrance ramp, I did tell him "you can pull me over anytime to tell me you like the car". Really nice guy, the best experience I ever had getting pulled over with flashing lights in my rear view mirror!!!:biggrin:

It was rather nice of him to tell you up front why he pulled you over.

I got stopped in CT last year under similar circumstances. The cop was nice, didn't cite me for anything and told me to "drive carefully" as I left. If he had simply said he wanted to look at my car, it would have been more pleasant.

Kudos to your local nice guy.

Front plate?? ............................. What's his badge number?

It should be illegal for a police officer to stop you for this reason.

While I guess it's a relief to be pulled over and receive a complement instead of a ticket, it's rather obnoxious for a cop to assert his authority just to gratify his curiosity. How many pretty girls get pulled over for the same reason?

Thank goodness he didn't see the bud can you shoved under the seat or the dead hooker in the trunk. :rolleyes:

Back