• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So I've decided to do the widebody project over the winter! I need an opinion though.

Alright. So I bought my car from pok8rok8 over the summer.

Here are the factors affecting my decision:

First off, let me say I AM biased towards the Veilside Fortune kit (sans the rear bumper and the spoiler), so let`s get that out of the way.:biggrin:

I have an NA1. I like the pop-up headlights, but I'm partial toward flush ones.

Now, when I bought the car, I was fortunate enough that Mike included some "stuff." I have a Route KS front bumper (needs new L-Canards), Route KS Hood (CF.. a few flaws in it, but still overall decent shape), Route KS Side Steps (need new CF side inserts). The pieces are designed to be installed as a full widebody... I'm missing a rear diffuser, wide fenders, wide quarter panels.

I don't like the rear diffuser from Route KS... too ricey for me.

So, in the end here is what I'm considering.

1. Sell all my body parts and buy a full Veilside Fortune kit. (~$10,000 after selling my stuff.

2. Keep my stuff and finish the widebody with perhaps a GTOne/Sorcery rear bumper and diffuser combo.

See the pic attached and tell me what you think (what it looks like now).

The rest of the kit is at http://www.route-ks.com/english/hornet_e.html.
And I'm sure you all know what the Veilside looks like.

The Sorcery/GTOne rear I saw somewhere else on the forum. The pic is also attached.

Lastly, I have a Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust... so please don't suggest to me a rear that needs a center exit exhaust (unless you know someone that wants to trade). :)

Attachments

• IMG_2491sm.JPG
    IMG_2491sm.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 275
  • sorceryrearbumperaq6.jpg
    sorceryrearbumperaq6.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 194
Re: So I`ve decided to do the widebody project over the winter! I need an opinion tho

Welcome.

So where is the car now? Is it still in Canada?

It seems like you want the Veilside kit so if money is not an issue then I say go for it. If you want to spend less (for now) then get the rest of the parts you need to make it a widebody.

Re: So I`ve decided to do the widebody project over the winter! I need an opinion tho

If it is opinions your wanting then mine is that you should choose option C, none of the above.

I am also a new owner and have considered doing something with my 91's exterior but the more i drive it in its stock form the more i think doing something too crazy might be a huge mistake.

Now if i lived in an area like socal where nsx's seem to be in abundance then i would probably go widebody but even then it seems like most of the nsx's with body kits are located in that area so i dont know how rare that look really is there.

Of all the crazy body kits i have seen so far i think the Vielside is one of the more apealing however i have seen some NSX's here on prime that have picked and choosed seperate body components and put together beutiful cars that still look like NSX's but "tuned" or whatever you want to call it.

Like the wise Jedi my advice is "patience". If you are strugling to decide between those two options then it leads me to believe that your not ready for either. Although if my car looked like the one in that first picture i would probably be looking to do something pretty soon too.

Someone in the classified section was selling some widebody front fenders that fit the stock front bumper and he had catrell rear fenders and stacy's side skirts and it was one of the best looking modified nsx's i have seen here.

Please dont take this the wrong way but that black NSX looks like it is about to be crushed by something in a fast and furious sequal. All it needs is some neons, graphics and a chromed bottle of NOS.:tongue: But if thats the look your going for then your pretty close already.

My advice, buy what you truely want. Don't short change yourself if you can afford it.

I was also considering the veilside kit for a while. I got quoted at $10,000 in labor costs and about 3 months to complete. So you'll be looking at least $20k. After looking at the veilside kit next to other modified nsxs, I realized it looked too different and I changed my mind. Right now I am looking at the cantrell concepts GT widebody. I like this one since it still retains the factory look but looks more aggressive as well. Also, the front bumper does not necessarily have to be used with the wide body fenders and you can use any exhaust you want. If you plan on going with a turbo, then the veilside may be tricky with the center exhaust.

Look into the DF wide body kit, it is really nice looking and fitment is perfect.

With that, you can also do a package deal on the NSX-R wing and hood.

Talk to Erick/evof575gtc if you like more information. He is a good guy and will offer you all the information needed.

This is Daniel's car
cruise119.jpg

I looked at that kit and I'm not a huge fan of the rear quarter panels. Although, for some reason, I really enjoy they kit on Daniel's car. He made it work very well.

And I also agree with you, omega2. One thing I did not like about the Veilside kit is that it makes the car look too indistinguishable from an NSX.

And I also agree with you, omega2. One thing I did not like about the Veilside kit is that it makes the car look too indistinguishable from an NSX.

dexx can i have some up close shots of those side skirts?

thanks

Gotta love widebodies, it takes a lot of work not to mention money to undergo such a conversion, I should know I've done it twice now. Here are some pics of my current setup, this widebody should be released in the next few months. I hope to get some better pics soon, dont mind the wheels, my Jlines with the correct offsets are being powdercoated. They may be releasing a front bumper for the pop up headlights if there is enough interest.

CIMG0062.JPG

CIMG0063.JPG

CIMG0065.JPG

CIMG0067.JPG

Bpiddy,

Where did you get the work done? This girl who works with my girlfriend was showing me a picture of that car (I think its this one) and telling me how her ex worked for the shop that did it and how they had to rush and get it done for sema. Just curious if you own/work for the shop or is it just your car... and is it a one off kit?

Ha ha, rush is an understatement. We were cut and buffing the new paint and assembling the car from friday at 10am till 11am on Sat when the car was picked up by the transport. The widebody in the picture is actually the prototype and not the final product, they have to do a few photshoots then make adjustments for fitment ect, then the body will be taken apart and molds made of the panels. Callos Racing did all the work and designed the widebody, should be ready for sale in the next few months. It will look even better once we get the proper offset wheels on there. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Back