• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So why is 290hp not enough nowadays ?

I was looking and test driving with my friend both 4 and 6 bangers. VERY nice and huge improvement over the previous accords. VERY solid feeling that rivals the German cars.

The 4 banger felt like a front mid engine being so light up front....

I got the 4 banger touring edition for a daily driver/family car around April. The V6 seemed to have unnecessary power for its purpose. I am very happy with it. Made in America too. After experiencing this car, building the new NSX in America doesn't worry me a bit.

I thought of this thread when I was reading the November issue of Motor Trend this morning.
In the cover story "2013 Best Driver's Car" the Cayman S came in at #5.
The first words of the review of the Cayman:
"It's a well known gripe in automotive circles: The Cayman needs more power. It's a fine day when you can say that 325 HP isn't enough, but that's where the world has taken us..."

I thought of this thread when I was reading the November issue of Motor Trend this morning.
In the cover story "2013 Best Driver's Car" the Cayman S came in at #5.
The first words of the review of the Cayman:
"It's a well known gripe in automotive circles: The Cayman needs more power. It's a fine day when you can say that 325 HP isn't enough, but that's where the world has taken us..."

the flipside is that even if it is down on power, it's the 5th best drivers car in 2013 :)

the flipside is that even if it is down on power, it's the 5th best drivers car in 2013 :)

The HP debate is never gonna be enough of it. Who said: "its not how fast you can drive, is how well you drive fast"?
Kudos to those who use all the extra power all the time w/o getting into trouble on the street/track.
My fear level is low so @ 262rhp, I can get into plenty of trouble even w/o hitting Vtec.
Cayman is alum. and smaller than our car but why so heavy at 3000 lbs.?

BTW Vivan, I have my car for 8yrs and took me 4 to find it(in IL) and I live in the land of NSX....your time will come.
I'll keep an eye out for you on the left coast....so many of them here but some are not on Prime. Back to topic....

Back